Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FE11S Java Runtime Black Screen

acidk
Visitor

VGN FE11S Java Runtime Black Screen

I have a VAIO VGN FE11S.
I have the problem that my screen goes black every time a java aplication stats. I can only see the mose on the black screen. The system is ok it is working but only the screen stays black.

I found out that JAVA is causing this prolem. So i have turnd of the hardware acceleration and then i can start JAVA applications again.

How can i run Java with hardware acceleration?

13 REPLIES 13
cprivet
Visitor

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem with my Vaio VGN FE11S and I have the latest NVidia Drivers.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

I have the EXACT same problem with my S5XP!

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

Bump

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Bump

Stop bumping topics, if we don't know, then we don't know.
Consult with Sun too

JohnE
Visitor

Same promblem here .have anyone some solution?

carthorian
Visitor

try downgrading in Java or driver version.

MRBLUES
Visitor

I have no solution to this problem yet, but I can tell you this happens in my sony if I set my display settings to highest quality. I have the latest drivers, but it still does that black screen.

JohnE
Visitor

Reinstall the java and now work fine:smileyhappy:

zilnula
Visitor

Just grasping at some straws.
Java will open a runtime console. ( a window with a black background ) This DOS? window can open as a full screen. If running Java applications that don't write to this screen use javaw instead of java as this doesn't open a DOS window. If running applets from the browser look in
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin
where you will find the file 'javacp'. This opens a control panel. Select the Advanced tab and click the '+' alongside 'Java Console'. You will then see an option to hide the console. N.B. you must have the option to use this directory checked on your browser.
This is guesswork as I don't have the problem on my FE11S.
Best of luck.