Join now - be part of our community!

random adverts on screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Irvine
Visitor

random adverts on screen

whilst on internet random adverts have started to appear anywhere on screen and not in the advert ''boxes'' - only just started;  has been working perfect for months, then suddenly ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Irvine
Visitor

fixed it again by this time changing my e-mail to BT Classic Beta - adverts coming up correctly and I can open my e-mails OK - just have to remember to switch OFF Active X Screening to play videos but not an issue.  So problem solved.....I think ??

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you checked that "Block Popup Windows" is checked in your browser's options?

If you need help to find this option, please tell us which browser you are using (IE 9.0, Firefox, Opera etc.)

It may be wise to run a virus scan just to be sure it is nothing more serious!

:wink:

Irvine
Visitor

thank you for your response.
I have checked and Pop Ups were already blocked.
Recently started using IE9
It only seems to happen on my Home Page when I log into my BT Home e-mail page.
A large advert box on the bottom right-hand side of the screen stays blank and the advert flicks on and off in the top left hand side of the screen.
The only thing I have done recently - not too sure if before or after these adverts starting jumping all over the screen - was to link my laptop in to my TV via a hdmi cable link and starting watch NASA TV live via my laptop / TV. I do remember when connecting being asking something about screen resolution changes - would that have affected these adverts going where they want on the screen ?
Did a Norton check - no issues.
Any advice / help appreciated.
Regards Irvine

Message was edited by: -frank-

Removed full name.

Irvine
Visitor

I have spent loads of time looking into my issue and I think I have solved it !! -  under Safety I switched ON ''activeXfiltering'' - and it seems to be working and adverts are coming up where they are supposed to be.  Have logged off, rebooted and logged back in and for the moment the ads are showing in the ''boxes'' that they are supposed to be in.  Fingers crossed.

Irvine
Visitor

spoke too soon ..... adverts are now going to their correct location with activeXfiltering ON but now I can't open any e-mails !!  back to more research !

Irvine
Visitor

fixed it again by this time changing my e-mail to BT Classic Beta - adverts coming up correctly and I can open my e-mails OK - just have to remember to switch OFF Active X Screening to play videos but not an issue.  So problem solved.....I think ??