Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO support - world's worst?

profile.country.en_IE.title
godonnell
Visitor

VAIO support - world's worst?

Definitely the worst customer service I’ve ever come across, in my lifetime, with any company.

Sony repaired my Vaio in December 2010, but when I got the laptop back after 6 weeks, it rebooted every time I touched the the right-hand half of the casing.

Support offered to collect the machine and rectify the problem, but I refused as I expected another 6 week delay, and I needed the machine to work.

I begged support to send me a technician instead and suggested if the problem was my fault, I’d pay the cost of the call-out, otherwise Sony would pay.

Sony support refused.

I tried again a month ago – Sony collected the machine, telling me I’d have it back within 10 working days, but I would need to pay for the repair of the repair.

3 weeks later, a courier returned the machine - nothing fixed.

I got an email asking me to send the problem details to support again to arrange ANOTHER courier to collect it and send it to the repair centre.

Why didn’t Sony support send it directly to the repair centre? Why keep it for 3 weeks and do nothing?

So, still no resolution to the problem. The machine is unusable since the repair in December 2010, for which I paid Sony €900.

I’m €900 lighter, and my machine has travelled the globe in order to come back to me in the same state it has been in since December 2010.

If Sony cares about its customer base, it needs to improve how the VAIO support desk deals with mishandled repairs.

Update 26/5/2011: Got the laptop back from Sony, motherboard replaced again, no charge.

Case numbers: 590152, 392034, 5142340, 346840, 379766.

Message was edited by: godonnell

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi godonnell,

I believe a repair has been arranged for your Vaio, I hope all goes well..:smileyhappy: