Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 Sp1 'element not found' error?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Kaoscontrol
Visitor

Windows 7 Sp1 'element not found' error?

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone has had this error and knows any fixes for it?

I recently bought one of the Sandy bridge C series laptops. Fantastic little thing. I've recently been installing a ton of the updates and what not in order to keep it....upto date..duh!... Then this error has hit me. Initially I had an error with Frame work 4 .NET, Service pack 1 and IE9 installation.

Thanks to some help on the microsoft forums I managed to get the .NET error fixed but the other two persist.

Everytime I go to download it from the updater - a couple of seconds in, a dialogue box pops up with the message "Element not found" and a detailed overview of "ERROR_NOT_FOUND". Once pressing 'close' it persists with a "update failed" status.

I've tried manually installing too, by downloading the stand alone file from microsoft, to the same problem. I'm confident that if I can get this fixed however, IE9 will succeed in its download.

Just as some back info - Installed the system readiness tool, turned off firewalls and antiviruses - none of which have fixed it.

I've sent a support email into both microsoft and Sony - and also asked Sony if I can have a installation CD which didn't come with my system, so I can possibly do a full system restore myself - rather than potentially using the Vaio Care Suite which could simply reverting the system back to a factory setting that is missing the file that is potentially missing.

Any help appreciated
Cheers
James

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio James,

Yes, you can perform a FULL recovery without discs through the F10 recovery option. If you decide to move forward... PLEASE, don't forget to perform a backup or at least to secure your personal data copy BEFORE START a full system restore...

How to start a recovery from the recovery partition:
  • Shut down the VAIO completely
  • Boot the VAIO, and press F10 multiple times
  • After the Recovery Environment has loaded, some options will be proposed to you, including a full system recovery.

Please, can you identify your laptop model in order to help you correctly ?

BTW : Please, don't forget to create the Recovery Discs for your Vaio this time... :wink: