Join now - be part of our community!

Thor Ragnarok Blu Ray wont play

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fleagle
Explorer

Thor Ragnarok Blu Ray wont play

Hi, I have a BDV-N5200W (UK) and when putting in the Blu Ray it open with what I assume is the first frame and then freezes.

I have to the switch player off to get the disk out. There is some form of error code in the display which is 2.31.39. That looks as though it is a time setting or something

There doesn't seem seem to be a problem with any other DVD’s or Blu Rays playing . This is the second one (Ragnarok) that has done exactly the same thing. All software is up to date and I’ve done a full reset etc

Any comments

D6917B89-F706-4057-AE5C-6A0CB1F81015.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
dan372001
Explorer

I have a BDP-S7200 and I have raised a support ticket with a Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Beth1104
New

I had the same problem but then I turned off the 24P output under HDMI settings and now it works perfectly!  Also make sure your hdmi is set to "Auto" in the section where you select 480i or 720 etc.

profile.country.GB.title
dan372001
Explorer

This fixed the problem for me.  Thank you very much indeed.

profile.country.GB.title
SIKELROGERS
Explorer

Thank you very much, this fixed the problem for me also.

profile.country.GB.title
Fleagle
Explorer

This was the official response from Sony today which worked for me very similar to Beth1104’s post, which came first I wonder. 

Press on the HOME button to bring up the 'Home' menu.
- Select 'Setup'.
- Select 'Screen Settings'.

Under screen settings, change the below settings:

- Select 'BD-ROM 24p Output' and turn it off by selecting 'Off'.
- Select 'DVD-ROM 24p Output' and turn it off by selecting 'Off'.
- Select 'Output Video Resolution' and change it to 'Auto'.

Same problem. I tried several times but it freezes just before the menu options screen appears. I then put the disc in my Xbox One and it loaded just fine, without incident. I'm not bashing any console, just found it really weird. And to top it off, now my PS4 is in the "Preparing to turn off the PS4" freeze screen, for the past 8 hours.