Join now - be part of our community!

Thor Ragnarok Blu Ray wont play

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fleagle
Explorer

Thor Ragnarok Blu Ray wont play

Hi, I have a BDV-N5200W (UK) and when putting in the Blu Ray it open with what I assume is the first frame and then freezes.

I have to the switch player off to get the disk out. There is some form of error code in the display which is 2.31.39. That looks as though it is a time setting or something

There doesn't seem seem to be a problem with any other DVD’s or Blu Rays playing . This is the second one (Ragnarok) that has done exactly the same thing. All software is up to date and I’ve done a full reset etc

Any comments

D6917B89-F706-4057-AE5C-6A0CB1F81015.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Beth1104
New

I had the same problem but then I turned off the 24P output under HDMI settings and now it works perfectly!  Also make sure your hdmi is set to "Auto" in the section where you select 480i or 720 etc.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Fleagle, 

Welcome to the community.

Please try following these instructions and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Fleagle
Explorer

Tried the Blu Ray in the PS4 and it worked also tried a guardians of the galaxy Blu Ray in the player as well as others and they have all been ok. 

This Thor Disk seems to freeze the whole player as well as making a ding sound when the attached picture pops up. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Fleagle,

It's best to contact Sony Support about this here then, to see what they say.

Thanks,

Pascale_F 

profile.country.GB.title
SIKELROGERS
Explorer

I have got the exact same problem on the same player. I would be grateful if you could let me know if you find out any answers to this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Fleagle
Explorer

I've sent support an email.

Can I ask is it problems with the same Blu Ray disk ie Thor Ragnarok and which country did you buy it in?

profile.country.GB.title
SIKELROGERS
Explorer

Yes it is the Thor Ragnarok blu ray, which I bought from Amazon UK. It is the 3d version that comes with a 2d blu ray disc also, but they both pause in the same place as yours and freeze the player up exactly the same way. 

profile.country.GB.title
rob.gunn
New

My daughter and I both have BDP-S7200 (UK) players and both of us bought the ThorRagnarok Blu-ray 3D + 2D from Amazon UK.  We both experienced the same lockup in the jpeg, however, after the third or fourth attempt of unplugging the player it eventually played for her.  I have checked my software and it is up-to-date.

I have another Sony player, the BDP-S570, which did play the Blu-ray.  Therefore the problem must be with the player and its software. 

profile.country.GB.title
phm1965
Explorer

i have the identical problem with a BDV-7200W, and i mean to the screen shot and everything.

Bought Thor Ragnarok on 3rd March at my local Tesco, got the problem described and have tried turning the machine off at the mains and leaving it for several minutes, done a full reset to factory settings and confirmed it has the latest OS.

As other discs played ok exchanged it on 10th March and the 2nd one does exactly the same.

profile.country.GB.title
dan372001
Explorer

Same problem anyone have a solution?