Join now - be part of our community!

What happened to YouView?!...

Jagular

What happened to YouView?!...

What happened to YouView? It dissapeared with the December update and is no longer available in the setings as described in the guide

Tv is a KD-49X8005C (which is presumably the KD-49X80C listed here) and YouView is still listed on the product page

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Chrisbiggin wrote:

Bought my KDL-43W755 yesterday - did an immediate system update and was functioning with no problems at all. Has done another system update today and I've lost Youview (which incidentally considering the problems others have had, had been fine). I've also lost All4 and ITV player. I presume the reason is that it's got the wrong update, but I've checked my IP and it's definitely a uk one. The only thing that I find slightly surprising is that there are no other posts saying similar things, so makes me wonder what has gone wrong.

Am also very annoyed that the Sony phone support centre seems to think that today is a bank holiday...

If anyone's go any bright ideas, I'd be very grateful

chris

Smart DNS will also cause this. Have you got UnoTelly or something similar on there?

And I still wait to be convinced that, apart from deleting satellite tunings, there are any problems experienced with YouView that are not also evident when using the Freeview side of these sets,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
joemomo
Explorer

Hi, I have had the same problem too, was using unblock-us dns service, contacted sony here is what they said.

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding your KD-49X8005C, we are sorry to learn that the non EU software been downloaded, and it resulted in disabling the Youview application..

In regards to your enquiry, please be advised that unfortunately, you need to send your TV to the repair, in order to downgrade your TV’s software, to the supported Youview version.

Please note, that the services will be chargeable.

Not the best response, i know its my own fault for having a dns service running, but you'd think they'd be a downgrade option for end users. Instead i'm asked to pay someone to downgrade my in warranty tv. I'll be keeping my DNS service exclusively on my apple tv from now on. Has anyone else had sony downgrade their set for them?

Thanks

Jagular

I think you're being too hard on yourself. It was an automatic update, not applied by you and it shouldn't have changed the functionality on your TV without warning.

Did you get bit by the 8th Dec update too? Looks like it is worth hanging on for the next update to see if it resets it probably.