Join now - be part of our community!

What happened to YouView?!...

Jagular

What happened to YouView?!...

What happened to YouView? It dissapeared with the December update and is no longer available in the setings as described in the guide

Tv is a KD-49X8005C (which is presumably the KD-49X80C listed here) and YouView is still listed on the product page

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What version of the firmware are you on?

Are you using a another proxy or DNS server?

Cheers

Jagular

Hi Q:

Version 5.1.1
Build svp4kdtv15_eu-user 5.1.1
lmy48e.s155 2.647 release keys

No proxy. 

wiffmaster
Explorer

Same issue here.

It's because when the firmware was updated, it was updated to the non-UK (rest of EU) version.

Unfortunately, if you try and manually load the correct firmware (downloaded from Sony's website) via USB, it won't let you install it, as it claim the firmware is already up-to-date.

I suspect the only solution will be to wait until the next version of the firmware is released (as it is impossible to downgrade the firmware).  I guarantee that Sony won't have a solution, because they're about as useful as a marzipan vibrator when it comes to software issues with the 2015 Android TVs...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The UK firmware version should be PKG2.645.0052EUA 

When rolling out a firmware update on your tv, the version downloaded and installed is subject to the geo-location of your IP Address.  So if you have an ip address that is located in europe, a EU firmware will be installed.

Use the following site to find out the location of your ip address:  https://www.iplocation.net

If you are using proxies or some type of dns changer service - probably to access netflix usa content etc, then this can have an effect on you location.

Cheers

Jagular

Damn, must have been DNS related, thanks for the info. I'll post back here if there's a solution.

Chrisbiggin
Explorer

Bought my KDL-43W755 yesterday - did an immediate system update and was functioning with no problems at all. Has done another system update today and I've lost Youview (which incidentally considering the problems others have had, had been fine). I've also lost All4 and ITV player. I presume the reason is that it's got the wrong update, but I've checked my IP and it's definitely a uk one. The only thing that I find slightly surprising is that there are no other posts saying similar things, so makes me wonder what has gone wrong.

Am also very annoyed that the Sony phone support centre seems to think that today is a bank holiday...

If anyone's go any bright ideas, I'd be very grateful

chris

Jagular

As it's just an android device, I think it should be possible to go into the recovery menu by plugging in while holding down the power button and selecting System Update with USB there. Haven't tried this or spoken to support about it though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats referring to the Google TV box that Sony was selling a couple of years back.  

Jagular

Yeah, the TVs will have something similar though. Its a 49" Android tablet with a TV tuner so it'll have a recovery menu. And at some point point, root 🙂