Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
DonCJ40
Explorer

I am so frustrated.  Have spent hours working on this.  I can update my previous purchased apps but cannot purchase additional apps.  Get Internal error.  Reentered credit card info but is not accepted.  Tried Pay Pal and 2 credit cards.  Will not let me add funds.  It shouldn't be this difficult to spend money.

Naqoyqatsi
Explorer

This is causing alot of frustration!

First - I do have the same problem with our companies Sony a7s ii. 

I tryed to purchase the timelapse app via:

Wifi - gave me internal error

via Mac/USB - gave me internal error

Payment methodes:

Paypal

credit card

Latest firmware - latest software

If you want to send a support ticket and you have no PSN Nickname then go and open up your regular Sony account. If you have no, create one. Somewhere in the account options is a nickname field.

Even if its not called PSN-Nickname or something like this, it will work for the support form.

Having a Sony EX3 - with Prime Support, i always had good service - but with the consumer range... 

I hope there will be a fix soon - support ticked sent.

Stay strong ppl.

jmanf77
New

Writing on September 29, 2016. 

After trying method after method and continuing to get the "internal error," I too can confirm that buying a prepaid card on Amazon and adding that to your wallet lets you make the purchase. 

This entire process of downloading the timelapse app has been a joke. Restarting my computer, downloading firmware, etc. Sony needs to get it together. 

carlauclair
Explorer

On the sonyentertainmentnetwork.com website, I have been struggling with my credit card info for 2 hours and I'm still getting the same "Internal error". Even when trying to add funds to my wallet with the Visa credit card that I use everyday I get the message: "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."
Sony must wake up before I switch to a real reliable brand.

jofenne41
Explorer

Happens to me , happens to everyone . Have entered into the Sony community lot's of others suffer the same complaint. Unless Sony enter into the community program, pick up on the problems many people are experiencing ,and resolve them then the community is a useless tool for we are unable to resolve what should be a simple problem. Good luck

Sent from my iPad
purmar
New

It is absolutely beyond me that a company like SONY can make such a horrifying product.  I was done with sony in late 2010' but slowly started coming around and purchased A6300 as a small camera to accompany my Canon 5D4. The idea of an app store for cameras is perhaps a good one, the execution is at the level of some obscure Chinese company with no budget from the time AltaVista was your default search engine. The look of the store and the user interference is very 1999, but that aside, the payment process does not work.  PayPal errors out so does credit card.  Yes, I did everything right. Didn't work yesterday does not work today. No matter what I try, the store is the equivalent of Obamacare website - it simply does not work. 

You guys had me question my 5D4 purchase after reading about A99.  Nope. Now I question A6300 purchase vs Canon M5. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @purmar

At the moment, the advise is to log a support ticket as per :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/play-memories-app-purchase-in...

They 'should' be able to help.

Cheers

samwooz
Explorer

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ***** IS GOING ON!  I EVEN BOUGHT A ***** AMAZON PREPAID CARD LIKE EVERYONE SAID IS WORKING BUT THAT DEF DID NOT WORK FOR ME.  Still getting an interanl error.  *****

samwooz
Explorer

I bought the 10 dollar prepaid card but the Timelapse app purchase comes out to 10.56 or some ***** after tax.  So the prepaid 1o in my wallet goes first and I have tried paying for the 56 cents with my paypal and credit card and neither work.  I still get the internal message.  PEOPLE WHO SAY THE PREPAID CARD METHOD WORKS, are you guys buying 20 dollar ones and paying for the timelapse app? or buying 10 dollar ones and paying the tax with another method like I have been trying?

ISEEFILMS
Explorer