Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
danatakumi
Explorer

SONYYY???

MamaNancy
New

I have the same problem. Does anyone get any update from Sony?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys/Gals

Im going to follow this up with Sony for you.  I agree, this issue has gone on for far too long without resolution or any communication from them.

Will get back to you.

Cheers

klevstul
Explorer

thanks a lot, quinnicus.

yes. it has gone too far. and sony doesn't care at all. and i am not a huge fan of companies that just choses to ignore their customers.

i would say that it's time for us for looking at alternatives. i do love my a7. sony has made a great product there. so if you are able to use it not needning to get hold of support from sony, then fine. but i would rather switch to a company that actually have customer support on their todo list.

so, peeps, what are the alternatives? would be nice if there is a product similar to the a7 (in my case), from a company with good customer support.

msilber
New

I'm having the same issue.  I cannot do it over wi-fi and everytime I download the apps downloader it doesn't work, either.

msilber
New

IN ADDITION - now I'm really frustrated, because when you go through the 400 hoops to get to the customer support you have to enter a PSN online ID which apparently is different from signing into these forums because my username doesn't work there...and I don't HAVE a PS unit so apparently I can't get support?!

I will NEVER purchase a sony product ever again. This is ABSURD.

Edenriggy
New

Hi 

I've just been told by Sony That not being able to purchase apps is related to PlayStation and that I need to contact PlayStation support: http://bit.ly/1GRIdOY. They will be able to help according to Nada 😏

msilber
New

But you can't log into PlayStation troubleshooting without a PlayStation and I don't have PlayStation I just want to time lapse on my Sony camera! It's absurd.

MARA SILBER
[Personal details removed by moderator]
INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission and any file or previous e-mail attached to it is intended to be viewed only by the party to which it is addressed and may contain valuable business information that is confidential and or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, dissemination or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited. Please respect the confidentiality of this e-mail and do not forward.440.666.8584>646.476.6896>

jofenne41
Explorer

The problem is damn frustrating, for a while i thought it was me. With everyone experiencing the same problem Sony need to sort out thier act and fix what needs fixing. There is no help until it's fixed and a general notice informing the loyal fans that they can now obtain the apps they want would help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

I received a response from Sony, unfortunately they have only advised you create a support ticket escalation via the following method:

PSN_escs.jpg

I am aware this is under 'Playstation' - Sony in its infinite wisdom seems to have merged SEN services with Playstation and keeping the Playstation name.  I know its confusing.

They have also stated that its happening to only certain credit cards, but they have not elaborated on which ones. Im a little confused on why Sony are pointing you guys in the directon of creating a support ticket/escalating considering that this issue is unlikely to be fixed..... 

At this moment in time, unfortunately this is as much as I/we can do at the moment.  So I suggest that those having this problem escalate as per instructions above and submit a complaint. 

Cheers