Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
ISEEFILMS
Explorer

I just successfully installed as well. I did it by purchasing a Playstation Store Gift Card. (Ugh).  Here is the link.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAC1D2G/ref=od_aui_d_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I spoke with a helpful person at Sony who said "they were having some problems" processing the credit cards but could process the Sony Gift Cards.  

I bought the $10 card and it did not charge me sales tax so that was enough for the $9.99 purchase. A lot of hoops to jump through and they sure didn't make it easy... but the app is on my camera. 

profile.country.GB.title
MarionSide
New

I also had this problem.  You definitely need to prepurchase a Sony voucher as mentioned by people previously.  I also tried everything including wi-fi, cable, paypal, different payment cards.  Worked instantly by getting a voucher and adding it to the wallet.  Sony should really listen to their customer's complaints and fix it.  This would save people alot of frustration and wasted time.

I have got exactly the same problem. This is probably due to some problem with the payment but there´s no way to figure out which. I even tried a new account and other credit cards and even Paypal (which I actually couldn´t add as a payment method due to some other error ´Unable to add this PayPal account. Try again in a few moments.´
Then I tried to contact support, but the link to the ´contact support´ page isn´t valid. 

This is soooo annoying!

samwooz
Explorer

Cause thius tax thing is messing my whole situation up.  I cant do this Wallet method becasue of it.  Will I have to by 20 dollars in my wallet to cover 56 cents of ***** tax???

SiobhaaanAB

I seem to be getting the same message on my A5000 since I got it a few weeks ago. I'm trying to purchase the timelapse app and it comes up the same error message. It lets me instal free apps so I changed all my payment details to see if it could be that and it still won't work no matter what I do.

Getting quite sick of it now. Pay lots of money for a camera and you can't even simply buy an app for it. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all :slight_smile:

Have you tried submitting a support ticket escalation as advised by Sony?

Quinnicus has provided the details in his post here:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/play-memories-app-purchase-in...

If anyone has can they please let us know if they have had any response?

Twilliams111
Explorer

same problem. absolutely sick of this

swalk113
Explorer

Hi everyone,

For the past week, I have been trying on and off to install the time-lapse app to my sony a-6000. I had tried installing through safari on my MacBook with no luck, the web app wouldn't even recognise my camera. I tried countless times trying to install via wifi on the camera itself with a repeated error message "Internal error". I then ventured to my old windows laptop to try and install it via that. Still no luck, "Internal error" staring me in the face. I tried using both Paypal and credit card in my wallet to try and complete the purchase. I updated to the latest camera firmware and still no luck via PC or wifi! (Quite annoyed by this point).

After a couple of google searches, I came across this thread and saw that someone had used a gift card voucher, and successfully installed time-lapse. THIS METHOD WORKED FOR ME! Thank you to whoever found this fix!

I have only just installed it, so about to go and test it out. Good luck everybody else! :slight_smile: 

SOLVED THIS ISSUE!!!!!!

So, I had the same issue on my A6300 camera.  Tried downloading the TimeLapse app using the camera, then the website on my Mac (until I learned El Capitan isn't supported), then using Parallels Desktop (until I learned the Microsoft Edge Browser isn't supported), and then FINALLY using 'Open with Internet Explorer' from Parallels Desktop.

THIS ISSUE ALL BOILS DOWN TO THE SONY HACK THAT TOOK PLACE IN 2015.  NO CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ALLOW SONY TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS!!!  And, what they don't tell you, is that you need EITHER a valid credit card attached to your accont or you need CREDIT.

There is the answer, using a PREPAID Sony Playstation card, purchased on Amazon.com, then adding credit to my Sony Entertainment Network account, THEN proceeding with the purchase of the app - either on the camera or via Internet Explorer.  

For details on how to install using Internet Explorer, visit this link....but this won't work unless you have credit in your account!!!!!  http://briansmith.com/how-to-update-sony-play-memories-camera-apps/

Buy a pre-paid Sony Entertainment card on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/20-PlayStation-Store-Gift-Card/dp/B004RMK4BC

You can choose your amount.  It's an instant download - you'll get an email from Amazon in a minute or two with a link to use the credit in the Stony store to add funds to your wallet.

Hope this helps the world.  Took me many nights to figure this out.  

SONY - you stink.  Honestly.  Get this documented some place.  I should not have had to figure this out on my own.

sgtjiggy
Explorer

I for one purchased the Sony A 7 Mark II due to it being fast, full frame, and mirrorless. The final selling point for me was the appication feature it offered.. If this issue isn't corrected very, very soon I will return the camera, lenses and all other accessories I purchased...