Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
klevstul
Explorer

Thalamus, do you have any new update from sony here? been a while now, and you would expect they are eager to fix their own payment solution. this is seemingly a problem for quite a few customers. most people, i would gues, just give up, and will not write a reply in a thread like this.

Enchilada555
Explorer

SONY have stopped listening long ago. Let's try it in Japanese.

親愛なるソニー。ソニーa6300カメラ用のクレジットカード発行による支払いを修正してください。私たちは、時間の経過や他のアプリケーションを購入しようとしているが、これを行うには失敗しています
Caris21
Explorer

I also have a problem completing paid purchases for my A7II ( free downloads work ). I have tried CC, Paypal and adding funds to Wallet - nothing works whether directly from camera ( wi-fi ) or oncable USB connection.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? SONY are you listening???? !!!!

marcusgrip
Explorer

Well I tried with credit card, paypal, adding funds to wallet, through computer, through the camera itself. All the same...

marcusgrip
Explorer

agree. was a ***** hassle to find the right customer support and yeah, time lapse should be included and I tried all kinds of ways and variations and nothing works for me..still. This problem was starting in June and its September now... ***** Sony!

marcusgrip
Explorer

why dont sony have their own customer support getting their ass in here and talk, ask and most importantly FIX IT?

87masa24
Explorer

HI

I can also download the free apps without no problem. 

But I get the error message every time I try to download the paid apps?

Whats the probelem, isn´t there something you can do?

/Manal 

uberbyte
Explorer

I have the same issue and no help from sony. Fails on wifi or usb both MAC and Windows using IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I tried adding funds with either a CC and paypal but both fail. I guess i could go by a prepaid card from bestbuy.

Were you able to make it work using a prepaid card?

100rubh
Explorer

I can download free apps but I am not abe to download paid apps. Sony please help me in downloading the paid apps