Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
jlaw1979
Explorer

I've received the internal error message three times today July 5, 2016. More than a dozen times yesterday- July 4, 2016 and many more times on June 20, 2016. I have been able to download the free smart remote app, but I always receive the internal error code during the final stages of purchasing.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info I will forward this on to my contact in Sony..

any news about app? 

profile.country.NL.title
kiemiboy
Explorer

Today at 8 am i try to buy the time lapse app again. No succes, still giving me internal error.

bensmithett
Explorer

As krzysztof.kaczmarski mentioned, it's a credit card processing thing - something is borked or too restrictive on Sony's end. Try adding funds to your Playstation wallet or switching to PayPal - this fixed it for me.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sorry but I don't have much feedback..

It would seem that Sony may be thinking this is a server issue hence why they asked for dates & times of when you had the error..

It is also interesting that it could be related to credit card data, etc & I have forwarded this on to Sony asking if they could investigate this as the cause..

If anyone is able to try the suggestions of krzysztof.kaczmarski in this post https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/play-memories-app-purchase-in... or the advice in the post above it would be good if you could post back & let us know if it helps..

Thanks

jlaw1979
Explorer

I have tried entering my CC data different ways. I have deleted my account and started a new one. I have tried many times with different methods to get this app on my phone.

It seems like Sony isn't serious about providing support for its customers and it's not serious about these cameras either. It's a shame that I spent more than $2,000 on this camera and it doesn't even have a time lapse function on it, so I have to go to their malfunctioning Web site to purchase an app. Then when I have an issue and need to contact customer support, I am taken to the Playstation site.

Sony has lost a customer! I am going back to Canon! I know that Canon would have taken this seriously and resolved it immediately. Sony has a lot to learn from Canon.

profile.country.NL.title
kiemiboy
Explorer

I have try it again with my CC and now also with Paypal using the cable. No succes again.

I get tired of it. The service of Sony is very bad.

profile.country.NL.title
kiemiboy
Explorer

CC and Paypal using cable is not working for me. Still giving me internal error.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks jlaw1979 & kiemiboy..

I'm sorry that I can't provide you with a solution but I can ensure you that I am regular passing on your comments & chasing for updates, etc..