Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
coronasdetexas
Explorer

I am having the same issues with the purchase of the Star Time Lapse App. I am able to purchase the apps that are priced at a lower amount (4.99 USD); however, I have been unsuccessful at the higher price point (9.99 USD). This is a very frustrating issue that is taking a long time for Sony to respond. If this matter persists, I may have to reconsider another brand for my next purchase.
Enchilada555
Explorer

Dear Sony, it has taken me two hours of trying to install the Time Lapse app on my brand new A6300. It should be on there already, and as you have convinced me to pay for it PLEASE ALLOW ME TO DO SO.

So frustrating. Internal Error Message. Shall I take the camera back?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sorry still no news on when this will get fixed, I can understand your frustration but unfortunately the best I can do is keep passing on your comments & chasing for an update or fix date..

Enchilada555
Explorer

Sony please help. I am unable to install paid apps through a mac, pc or through the camera directly without the error message 'internal error'. Free apps work fine, so it is nothing to do with hardware. My card details work fine; I have tried multiple cards. 

mine doesn't work either. A6300

tjtriage5
New

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!! Buy Prepaid Sony Gift Cards on Amazon, load them into your account, and it all works for my a7s2!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anyone else able to check this work around out??
Benneth
New

After trying all of the above fixes I can confirm that purchasing a pre-paid voucher (£10) and adding that to my Sony Wallet works and the purchase of the app (timelapse) processed fully.

Still strange why it's not working and it's left credit on my account but there's some progress.

Ben

Enchilada555
Explorer

Can you clarify what the exact name of the voucher is? Is it a Sony entertainment network one? I can only see a £40 version on Amazon.

LB
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

This info has been really helpful thank you..

It seems that Sony may have been able to replicate the issue & this is now being investigated by the team responsible for the payment flow..