Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

I can confirm that Sony have been made aware of the problem but as yet no feedback has been received on when this will be fixed..

As soon as I receive any info I will update this thread..

profile.country.NL.title
kiemiboy
Explorer

Same problem here. Bought a sony a6000 and get the same error when want to purchase an app. The free apps are not a problem to download.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kiemiboy,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

As you can see you are not alone in having problems installing the Time lapse app.. Sony have been made aware but we are still waiting feedback on when the problem will be fixed..

ammanati
Explorer

Yes, I can confirm there was no problem installing the free app. I got the remote shooting one some time ago. 

ammanati
Explorer

Update:

I have been contacted by Sony while on holiday. They asked me all sorts of question so I clearly described how exactly I was trying to install the app, what system I use, with or without cable etc.

When I came back hom week later I decided to give it another try. While my Mac still cant see Sony a7ii via cable I did that on wifi. Surprise! It did work, the app installed succesfuly. They must have changed something on their end as I haven't done anything differently this time. 

I also was able to install it via wifi on the Sony a6000.

Haven't tried installing via cable on Windows PC though.

Hope you too had some luck with it

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the feedback ammanati..

Could others with the installation problems please let me know if they can install the Time lapse app now please??

Hey, I tried to download the timelapse app yesterday and today by cable, just now by wifi and the internal error still pops up. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Clive-james,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Thanks I guess the app has still not be fixed, I'll see if I can get any information or update from Sony..

Hi,

I am trying to buy and install one of the Play Memories Apps via WiFi and Calble I always get the same error "Internal error" just after accepting the purchase. Free application installation went smoothly. 

Please correct this problem as soon as possible.

It looks like we cannot install any paid application.

Regards,

KK

I tried also to buy this app by loading some funds to my account and I discovered that this is impossible.

I added two credit cards and I get "wrong credit card data" with both of them. This must be complex payment issue. Sony, will you solve it?

Tags (1)