Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
SiobhaaanAB

Why does Sony have nothing to say about this problem?!  That's what I wanna know. Costumers spending loads of money and you have nothing to say about this problem that clearly loads of customers are experiencing!! 

I have eventually managed to finally download the timelapse app. I had to go onto Amazon and buy a PlayStation voucher for £10 and then put that into my wallet on the PlayStation network then I can purchase the app on my camera with ease. I've spend months trying to download this app again and again.. and sent several emails and made several phone calls and no one has once told me to try that. They have all told me it's a PlayStation problem then when I contact play station they tell me it's a Sony problem. Sony step up and take care of your customers and your reputation!! 

Last time I will be dealing with Sony products!! 

sgtjiggy
Explorer

Solved. Didn't see the last post - using sony play cards.. this worked..

JohnAma
Explorer

Help!I had this ***** issue several times, is there any solution to avoid it?

JohnAma
Explorer

Thanks dude

ISEEFILMS
Explorer

The problem seems to be in accepting the credit card payments. You can get
around that by purchasing Sony Playstation Cards and them adding those as
credits to your Sony account. (Weird, I know. But it works.) Here is a link
to the cards you can buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAC1D2G/ref=o
d_aui_d_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SiobhaaanAB

yeah, after much hunting the internet and reading numerous forums i done this and it worked perfectly. was a lot of messing aorund though and a lot of signing in to different sony/playstation accounts just to buy an app. more hassle than what its worth. glad i got it working eventually thought! THANKS 

Crack888
Explorer

I also had the internal error trying to buy Timelapse.  (I almost did not buy my RX10 iii camera because it did nothave Timelapse builtin until I discovered PlayMemories.

I filled the wallet with $10 as others have done.  However, while I no longer get Internal Error, I am now getting An :"error occurred while performing this operation."

This really sucks.

Crack888
Explorer

I just tried it again and this time it worked.  There may be a delay required between the time $ are placed in the wallet and using the $.

I was thinking of getting some more apps but don't want to go through this again.

SONY needs to get their act together.  It was a great idea but poor implementation.

Textzombie
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue.

I assumed it was caused trying to buy apps whilst on holiday but got back to discover I can't buy them anywhere!

Tried to fill in the customer service form and got a "too many redirects" error from Chrome.

Very poor service. I think Sony need some new web developers.

P

leelau
Explorer

I cannot believe what a gigantic POS your store is or how bad the user experience is.  I am trying to give you gang of idiots money.  You make it so hard.  No wonder Sony is going down the tubes