Join now - be part of our community!

I can't switch my cyber-shot on after downloading.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tillydown
Visitor

I can't switch my cyber-shot on after downloading.

What can I do? Please help. I can't switch my cyber-shot on after downloading. I didn't shut down, just unplugged (Oops!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello tillydown - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Occasionally, unplugging a USB device from it's power source ie. the PC can damage the device - usually there is a higher chance of this happening if there is data being transferred or if the PC is trying to access the camera at the time of unplugging. As your 'oops' suggests, it is always best to use the icon in the bottom right hand corner to shut down the device before removing it from your PC.

The first thing to try is plugging the camera into its regular power source / mains charger to see if this allows you to turn the camera back on. If it still will not work after this, you may have damaged the camera itself and I would advise you to contact Sony customer services to go through your options, such as a repair if necessary.

There is a forum thread which tells you everything you need to know about contacting Sony and it can be found here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello tillydown - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Occasionally, unplugging a USB device from it's power source ie. the PC can damage the device - usually there is a higher chance of this happening if there is data being transferred or if the PC is trying to access the camera at the time of unplugging. As your 'oops' suggests, it is always best to use the icon in the bottom right hand corner to shut down the device before removing it from your PC.

The first thing to try is plugging the camera into its regular power source / mains charger to see if this allows you to turn the camera back on. If it still will not work after this, you may have damaged the camera itself and I would advise you to contact Sony customer services to go through your options, such as a repair if necessary.

There is a forum thread which tells you everything you need to know about contacting Sony and it can be found here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon