Join now - be part of our community!

new sony DSC-HX9V cant get any sound on video:0(

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Hooligan61
Visitor

new sony DSC-HX9V cant get any sound on video:0(

Really pleased with new camera recieved yesterday, bought this especially for my freinds wedding so I can video the proceedings but when I tried to play a video of my dog on Picaso there is no sound the volume is turned on before anyone asks  lol Not sure what to do the wedding is tomorrow so hope someone can rescue me

Thank you

Maria :wink:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Maria, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I suspect Picasa is the problem, not your camera, as it needs a particular codec to reproduce audio tracks for some users and Windows often lacks these.

Try installing a full set of codecs on your PC. If you Google K-Lite codec pack you should find a number of sites offering these for free. Often the most basic pack does the trick.

In the meantime, if you can hear an audio track on your camera's built-in speaker, it's defiitely recording correctly, so it should be just fine on the big day :wink:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Maria, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I suspect Picasa is the problem, not your camera, as it needs a particular codec to reproduce audio tracks for some users and Windows often lacks these.

Try installing a full set of codecs on your PC. If you Google K-Lite codec pack you should find a number of sites offering these for free. Often the most basic pack does the trick.

In the meantime, if you can hear an audio track on your camera's built-in speaker, it's defiitely recording correctly, so it should be just fine on the big day :wink:

Cheers

Mick

Hooligan61
Visitor

Thank you Mick it was Picasa now sorted:smileywink: