Join now - be part of our community!

My wife's new Xperia X - continuous updates appear since I bought it!!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

My wife's new Xperia X - continuous updates appear since I bought it!!

Since I bought this phone for my wife to replace her Z3 compact (which Vodafone told me it would not accept 4G) it has been excellent except for one thing,,,

Over the last two months since she got it, nearly every day there appears a notification at top of screen saying update available and I cannot get rid of them - so I download and install the update and within minutes there is another and another and no option to get rid of them!

I have now downloaded at least 12 and they still keep coming. I feel like throwing this otherwise excellent phone out the window! My own Xperia XA1 only had one update when I got it and that was that. My wife never had any problems with continuous updates on either of her previoius X3 compacts.

Is my wife's phone faulty and what can I do as in every other respect it is just fine for what she wants as she only uses it for phone calls and texts and occasionally to look at news - no emails or anything else. We are both very elderly so only want basic smart phones though I use my XA1 for emails and that is excellent.

Thank you
Moggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You can stop this by doing a software repair with Xperia companion.

It'll bump your Xperia right to the last software version.

What it is doing now it's updated sequentially until it reaches the most recent software version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You can stop this by doing a software repair with Xperia companion.

It'll bump your Xperia right to the last software version.

What it is doing now it's updated sequentially until it reaches the most recent software version.

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

Thanks you so much for this answer. On my last update yesterday it seems to have stopped updating and when I looked in settings it said it was now Android 8.0 which is the same as my Sony XA1 and I think this is the maximum for these phones.

If it continues to happen I will go to Xperia Companion as you suggest

Regards

Moggie

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Moggie, thank you for updating the thread, please let us know if anything else happened.