Join now - be part of our community!

4g Calling for Xperia X Compact?

profile.country.GB.title
gazmix
Explorer

4g Calling for Xperia X Compact?

Dear Sony Community

I recently had an email from my network supplier Vodafone saying they are turning off 3g calling in 2023. My phone settings when i dial #*#*4636#*#* shows that VoLTE is not provisioned on my phone, option to turn on greyed out.

I contacted Vodafone who sent me a few texts, said to turn phone off, remove & replace SIM then restart & then i got a text saying that 4g & WiFi calling were enabled on my account but still in the settings it says not provisioned.

I hear that maybe i need an updated VoLTE provisioned SIM but am unsure if this is true. My phone is up to date running Android 8.0

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards Gaz

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
gazmix
Explorer

Does anyone know anything about whether the X Compact can use WiFi & 4g calling please?, i can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
gazmix
Explorer

Vodafone asked me to change sim card as it was old. I did this and then called *#*#4636#*#* and it read then that 4g calling was provisioned whereas before it didn't.

I try to make a call with no sim card using wifi calling & it asks me to turn on wifi calling but i can't find it. 

If i make a call with sim using sim with wifi off it goes to 'H' where the 4 g icon was hence i guess using 3g for calls.. 

Help appreciated, someone must know summat? 

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
gazmix
Explorer

i can't believe nobody on a Sony help forum doesn't know anything about this issue

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @gazmix, you need to confirm with Vodafone that you have a subscription and SIM card which support VoLTE, it doesn't seem to be a phone or an Android issue. I've also found this