Join now - be part of our community!

Hdd Dvd recorder RDR-hxd890 play DVD whilst Recording from tv to Hard Disc

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hdddvdrp1
New

Hdd Dvd recorder RDR-hxd890 play DVD whilst Recording from tv to Hard Disc

I Have a HDD Dvd Recorder Sony RDR-HXD890 (Quite old 2009) generally works quite well , it is connected to a Sony Bravia Tv (KDL-43WF663BU – 2018)

I Have recently been have problems playing some DVD (purchased in the last year), generally plays well , but when DVD Recorder Starts a Timer Program (i.e. recording to the the Hard Disc) it refuses to play a Dvd (message on the TV “Cannot play because the TV system is set differently”

When the timer is not recording  the DVD plays fine, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Hdddvdrp1
New

hi, HDD is not full, i have decided to get round the problem and have bought a seperate DVD player, i think they have increased the anti-piracy software on DVD and the DVD thinks i am trying to copy it when i am actually recording a program off the TV 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

Hello @Hdddvdrp1

first you need to check if disc has enough available space for the recording. You can also adjust the picture quality and try again. While searching, I came across this manual, check page 120: bit.ly/3JodHmM

If that didn't help, try to reset the recorder. The steps can be found on page 150.

Hope it helps

profile.country.GB.title
Hdddvdrp1
New

hi, HDD is not full, i have decided to get round the problem and have bought a seperate DVD player, i think they have increased the anti-piracy software on DVD and the DVD thinks i am trying to copy it when i am actually recording a program off the TV 

profile.country.GB.title
Hdddvdrp1
New