Join now - be part of our community!

WINDOWS for my notebook vaio

mmvaio86
Visitor

WINDOWS for my notebook vaio

Hello guys, I bought a Sony Vaio VPCW21S1E with windows 7 starter ... As you know, this windows is very weak, we can´t change the wallpaper, do you belive? ... I am thinking of putting more memory (2GB) and install another windows, which you recommend? Some people have told me that windows 7 ultimate it´s good ... what is your opinion?

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Márcia (Portugal)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Márcia and welcome.

There is a reason why Windows 7 Starter is installed. It is the 'lightest' version of Windows 7 and is less likely to overstretch the Intel Atom processor. You can install a larger operating system like W7 Ultimate but you may find your Vaio becomes very slow as the system tries to manage all the extra facilities.

Try to list what you want your netbook to do and choose the operating system that only just does those tasks. For example, do you really need Windows Media Centre, language pack support or need to connect to an office network?

Remember the Intel Atom really struggled with Vista - so much so that it was common to sell netbooks with XP or Linux installed. I know the N450 is better than the earlier 1.33Mhz CPUs but .......

:thinking: