Join now - be part of our community!

VPCSA2Z9E SSD PROBLEM!

profile.country.ro_RO.title
paffypower
Visitor

VPCSA2Z9E SSD PROBLEM!

It`s 21 March still no refund.

===============================================================================

My laptop broke again the 5-th time at the end of February, this time was not SSD related it was not starting at all. I sent it back to Sony and they promised me I will get full refund. I will get my money back in 10 days. My advice for you guys is to ask for refund.

Best wished for everyone hope all your laptops will be repaired or get your money back.

===============================================================================

Hello to all.

Here is my story, if anyone has the same problems please contact me:

I bought the laptop 2 months ago, It`s a I7 processor and 256 SSD, 8GB RAM. In the first week I got the laptop the 3G modem stopped working, after another week my screen was freezing all the time, I had no choice to shut it down from power button after waiting for an hour, after that I got this error before boot stating : Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology - Option ROM - 10.1.0.1008 ... RAID Volumes: and I have 4 devices 59.6GB and the first one on status is Error Occurred(0).

I sent the laptop to Sony Repair Center in Germany by UPS, after a week I got the laptop back 3G is not working, and after a few days I used the laptop I got again the SSD failure error. I sent again the laptop to Sony Service Repair, I even sent an email to Service Repair Center in Germany and this is the response I got from them:

Dear Mr. Popa,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that I will follow up with the repair center personally, and I will make sure that all your issues will be rectified. Also, I have prioritized your repair order to have it first served.

Kindly be informed that I will be in contact with you after receiving the unit back from the Repair center.

Your faithfully,

Radwan, on behalf of Mizuno (-san)

I received the laptop on Friday 9 Dec, 2011,the first thing I did was to check if 3G was working(I was so glad it was working!!!), I connected the laptop to the internet windows started to make some updates and the screen is freezing again after 30 minutes of using it. And now again I have the : Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology - Option ROM - 10.1.0.1008 ... RAID Volumes: and I have 4 devices 59.6GB and the first one on status is Error Occurred(0).

I got the laptop 2 months ago,since then 2 weeks was in the Sony Repair Center, another 2 weeks waiting for UPS and with the laptop at home not working, I spent on it more than 2000 Euros I lost my files first time the SSD bricked. I don`t know what to do anymore should I send it back to Repair Center? If anyone has a solution or can give any advice on this matter I am open to any suggestions.

Thank You

Message was edited by: paffypower

Message was edited by: paffypower

27 REPLIES 27
paffypower
Visitor

They said the UPS will be here on Tuesday next week. They said that the service will decide if they will replace it with a new one or not. HA HA HA Here are some pictures with the errors.

profile.country.pl_PL.title
pos-----
Visitor

I sent my VAIO today. To be honest, I don't expect much. Probably it will break down again soon. On that stage, they refused to replace or refund. Let's see what they tell now...

You're lucky .... at least your VAIO boots up. My has also two drives unvisible but the partition is unbootable. So again, I've lost all my data.

Will let you know what they say.

paffypower
Visitor

I got this reply today:

"

Thank you for contacting Koji Mizuno-san, he has asked that I contact you on his behalf.

We are sorry to hear of the repeated faults the VAIO is having. We will be monitoring the case closely with the service center, and will make sure extended tests are applied on your VAIO with VIP treatment.

We will also be in contact with yourself after you receive the VAIO to discuss few points pertaining to the case.

Kind Regards,
Mahmoud Agami, on behalf of Mizuno-san."

As you said I am not confident they can fix it, I already lost my files few times until now they put me in a very unpleasant situation. I asked for a replace and they said that service repair center will decide that....I spent 2200 euros on it, and since I got it more than half of the time was broken. I dont want ''VIP treatment'' all I want is my laptop to work, but it seems that I ask too much. I`ll keep you updated

profile.country.en_GB.title
tripodzid
Visitor

I also have the same problem. Actually, it seems like our problems are identical. I've been trying to fix it on my own, but to no avail. I guess I have to head back later on to where I both this machine. I will let them fix it.

Business is the game!!

paffypower
Visitor

I have bad news for you guys this is the email I received today. UPS must collect the laptop today but I don`t know what to do.

"A replacement is not an option we can proceed with unfortunately.

Your VAIO will be intensively tested, and we will make sure that it is in working order before its dispatch to yourself.

Best regards,

Mahmoud Agamy, on behalf of Mizuno(-san).
SONY SUPPORT TEAM"

pos-----
Visitor

Well, I also asked them for replacement or refund but they refused. I sent my laptop yesterday for the third time and will see what they tell now.

I will keep you informed.

profile.country.fr_BE.title
deSelliers
Visitor

I have a very similar problem... and similar problems with SONY maintenance!

On Jan 6 2012, my VAIO VPCSA2Z9E crashed. See attached photo of the memory dump screen and the BIOS screen indicating that

only 2 of the 4 SSDs are seen.

I sent it to SONY Europe maintenance (I live in Belgium) and got it back around Jan 20.

Their form said "RAID fixed".

I reinstalled the many softwares I need for my photographer's job (over 3 days).
But when I started uploading my data (I had a recent backup), I noticed later that I only had 118 GB of disk (instead of 236 GB originally).

So I sent it back to SONY, and got it back around Feb 5.

Their form said "Tapes SSD cable".

This time everything worked fine.

I reinstalled everything (softwares, data, configurations... it took me over a week days).

But on Feb 18 it crashed again, with a similar memmory dump and exactely the same BIOS error.

So I am sending it AGAIN, for the 3rd time, to SONY.

It must be noted that it is not possible to phone anybody at SONY Europe... which I find apalling.

This is the 3rd VAIO laptop I buy, and had no problemn with the two first two ones.
But I am very dissapointed by these recurring problems and wonder if this VAIO model does't have a flaw...

Message was edited by: deSelliers

Message was edited by: deSelliers

paffypower
Visitor

My laptop is sent to Sony Repair Center, they said a replacement is not an option, is the 4th time I sent the laptop to them. At this point I am not confident that they will manage to repair it. Wish you luck guys.

profile.country.fr_BE.title
deSelliers
Visitor

Hi, pawelosk

Was your problem eventually fixed?

I have a very similar problem - see my post above this one.

Thanks,

Jacques

rafal.r
Visitor

Hi,

i have a similar problem with my Vaio.

Perhaps anyone of you knows what is a Part Number of the tape connecting SSD disk with a computer.

I have found two parts on the US sony web page, but i don't know which will fit the european models.

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-part-number-A1827754A.aspx

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-part-number-A1827752A.aspx