Join now - be part of our community!

where can I download a Graphics Driver for my Windows XP VAIO Laptop VGN-BX61XN that will give me OpenGL above Version 2.0 capability

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Htheduck
Visitor

where can I download a Graphics Driver for my Windows XP VAIO Laptop VGN-BX61XN that will give me OpenGL above Version 2.0 capability

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Htheduck.

As the X3100 graphics chip is integrated into the Mobile Intel 965 chipset, the latest drivers will be available from the Intel download website for your chipset.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop...

However, I very much doubt that your low end X3100 graphics controller supports Open GL at 2.0 or above particularly for XP.

The latest driver for XP appears to be Ver. 14.37.4.5218 dated Jan 2010.  The self installing .EXE will probably not install and you could try downloading the .ZIP, extracting the file and installing from within Device Manager using the 'Have Disc' installation method.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Htheduck.

As the X3100 graphics chip is integrated into the Mobile Intel 965 chipset, the latest drivers will be available from the Intel download website for your chipset.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop...

However, I very much doubt that your low end X3100 graphics controller supports Open GL at 2.0 or above particularly for XP.

The latest driver for XP appears to be Ver. 14.37.4.5218 dated Jan 2010.  The self installing .EXE will probably not install and you could try downloading the .ZIP, extracting the file and installing from within Device Manager using the 'Have Disc' installation method.

:thinking: