Join now - be part of our community!

Vista downgrade on FZ11M

frunns
Visitor

Vista downgrade on FZ11M

Okey, I've already done it, but I'm having some minor problems. First off my sound output doesn't work at all, I connect something to it and nothing what so ever happens, just keeps playing through the internal speakers. Secondly my screen turns off... After 30mins+ or so idle. Wouldn't have mattered if it weren't for the inability to turn it back on by just using the keyboard or mouse. If I use vnc and bring up display properties->settings I can "activate" my second screen (which I don't have, but that doesn't matter), which turns my screen back on.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve these problems?

Edit: and one other thing, hibernate and suspend doesn't work either. Suspend seems to work, but I can't start it up again... I'm unsure about hibernate atm, but that's not so important anyway.

10 REPLIES 10
boabmatic
Visitor

I've downgraded my FZ21Z to XP and I'm also getting the screen going black after 30mins or so, the machine still seams to be running but can't get the screen to go back to the normal brightness.

has anybody found a solution to this yet?

cheers...

frunns
Visitor

Okey, I've found a temporary solution. If I unplug the power-cord and plug it back in the screen returns. It's something at least...

boabmatic
Visitor

thanks, but tried pulling the power cord on mine and it didn't bring back the screen to normal brightness?

frunns
Visitor

ah, might be due to my brightness changing depending on whether I have the power-cord plugged in or not...

boabmatic
Visitor

strange , i tried it again last night and it worked this time???

its a pain though , as I use the laptop for serato scratch live DJ software and dont really want to the screen to go blank in a middle of a set 😞

frunns
Visitor

so it can happen during use? for me it only happens when the comp is idle...

boabmatic
Visitor

wooohooooo got mine sorted......

go to this page and download the drivers + apps zip files then follow the install pdf.
I re-installed all the drivers then the apps in the specified order and my screen never goes blank anymore....

hope this helps...

P.S. - the download was really slow for me ,only 5kbps so took a bit of time.

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/228191/productcategory/it%2Bpersonal%2Bcomputer/modelfirst...

I found a fix for the headphone issue too... I'll try and find the link but have not done it as I don't use headphones with the laptop when in xp.

frunns
Visitor

Okey, headphone jack working, and I THINK I've found the thing that kills the lightning on our displays... Open up the Nvidia control panel, look for smartdimmer, that's set to set the brigthness to zero after 30 min, though when the computer's not connected, but I figure that should be it though.