Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI ...Sony Viao VGAFZ11Z

profile.country.en_GB.title
coldavie11
New

HDMI ...Sony Viao VGAFZ11Z

Hello Vaio Poeple ...

I am able to conect my Sony Viao VGAFZ11Z To a 42" Toshiba Regza TV with VGA cable, and audio cable put through a 24bit sound card no problems. But I have just bought a good quality HDMI cable with the hope of useing the HD blueray qualitys this computer has.

When I plug the cable into both Computer and TV, then set the TV to either PC, or HDMI socket one I do not get any picture just a blue screen.

Dose anyone have the knoweldge/experiance of how to set things up to work ???

I have two questions !!!!

1) With the blueray HD input HDMI should I be able to conect my Vaio to the TV and use it as another monitor, 2)or can I only use the HDMI cable to whatch Blueray Movies ect useing the Click to BD software ..

Any advice would truly be apreciated ...

Kind Regards Colin

1 REPLY 1
amaru007
Visitor

i managed to get mine working no problem.
vista should auto detect your tv as a 2nd display, choose what ever setting you wish (extend, dual display, clone)
personally i choose dual, change the resoluion to the max it can go.
2nd i installed powerdvd (bluray version) run the movie, and move the powerdvd app onto the 2nd display (tv) oh and what probably should be the 2nd thing, is set your audio output.
choose hdmi as your primary audio output, and you'll get audio through your tv, otherwise it'll be the laptop speakers.
i had great fun with this before the laptop was stolen, now that i bought the fz31z, fun shall resume :smileygrin: