Join now - be part of our community!

Spacebar on SZ1

iunder
Visitor

Spacebar on SZ1

Does anyone else have an iffy spacebar on their SZ1?

Unlike any other keyboard I've ever used, pressing the far left of the spacebar usually has no effect (unless you press very hard). Is everyone else's the same?

iunder

2 REPLIES 2
pneves
Visitor

I had the same problem with my previous Acer. In order not to send it for repair, I got a little piece of plastic (it was a GSM SIM card) and placed it between the key and contact. It worked fine for over one year.:smileygrin:

However, I bought my sony because of this kind of problems. I was expecting build quality above all other brands, that is why I paid for a 1.7GHz the same I would for a 2GHz Acer. I think your problem should lead you straight to the nearest sony center!

I've read a review on SZ1 that the reviewer was complaining about the keyboard, with some kind of flex (the keyboard didn't fell solid on the laptop, bending for the left side). Is this true????

iunder
Visitor

I'm getting no flex at all. It feels rock solid. But this spacebar thing is a real pain. I'm tempted to get it looked at, but I'm worried it will come back worse than it is now, or damaged in some other way. Also, I could be waiting indefinitely to get it back, etc.