Join now - be part of our community!

VGF-AP1L: LOSE THE DUCKING STATION AND BE STUCK

degov
Visitor

VGF-AP1L: LOSE THE DUCKING STATION AND BE STUCK

I bought the Vaio VGF-AP1L MP3 player in London 4 months ago and lost the charger/ducking-station while travelling to Madrid 3 months ago. After building a huge music liberary and uploading my valuable files, I got to Madrid not able to use the set since. Sony Centre in Plaza De Espana can not help with sourcing for the charger, and every service centre I have been directed to seem not even aware of the product itself whatmore offering any assistance.

It is unfortunate that Sony builds products with peculiar chargers and ducking stations, without having universal chargers that could easily be found and used with various mp3 systems from the same company. I am, to say the least, frustrated not being able to use my important documents, not to think that it cost me a fortune for the set I used for only about a month.

If you buy, be sure not to lose your charger, or be prepared to say goodbye to the set too, especially if you live in Spain.

Or Could Any1 Help? princeonyed@yahoo.com

Very dissappointed Joseph

2 REPLIES 2
nickkr
Visitor

The cradle (Docking station) does have SONY part number -so guess if you contacted a SONY service centre they could tell you if it's available as a spare.

The VAIO Pocket | Part Numbers

Cradle Assy
* part numbers by type: 20GB and 40GB
J/EU/AO (AP1): A-1070-172-A
AM/EU (AP1L): A-1088-556-A

degov
Visitor

I have, today the 30th of March 2006, received a complete replacement of my Pocket Vaio VGF-AP1L, by DHL from Mr Robertjan Canters of Sony Brussels office, for FREE.

I like to thank Mr Robertjan and the management of Sony for doing beyond my expectations. See my new post on this