Join now - be part of our community!

New Multiflip

HardDriver

New Multiflip

Hi,

Got mine ordered on the 8th October - anyone got there's yet?

Can't wait....

HDD

73 REPLIES 73
Simon120182
Explorer

Same deal for me. Frustrating 'bit by bit' delaying tactics.

Orange did this to me 4 years ago for 4 months. Now every chance I get I warn people not to use Orange (still to this day).

Anyone else recieved sony's measly 25% off voucher as compensation? Apparently they want us to spend more with them to feel compensated. Not good Sony. Not good.
sitikkamies
Explorer

No voucher.

Sony Store Online send me customer satisfaction survey 6.11. I write to it I was not very satisfied and checked option: I want to Sony contact me. Lets see when they make that contact.

Now, my status on Sony Store has changed! There is no more green text "in production". Now it is in delivery, but no tracking number available

Edit 11.11.2013: I get TNT tracking number and I maybe get Flip at end of the week :slight_smile:

20:45:00 Pudong International Airport Shipment In Transit.
HardDriver

Well, I'm STILL WAITING...

Customer Services are no help either, just been told delays were down to demand blah, blah.  Although people that ordered some time after me have already received theirs!!

Also asked about noisy fan - interesting reply - "We have not received any negative feedback regarding the noisy fan", does this mean the fan IS noisy?  but no one has complained? lol

5 weeks + 1 day since order placement and counting...

Persason

just got my pc I am actually typing from it atm. The fan speed is terrible other then that it is an awesome pc, very light. however i have the i7 model thinking it was quadcore. it seems like it is only a dual core.

sitikkamies
Explorer

I get voucher  too.

And Sony / TNT suprised. I receive my 13A today! :slight_smile:

I download updates now and istall win 8.1. After that I try my new Sonys new features. Fan is allways on, but not bother me much. But yes, it is much, much more louder than 5 years old Lenovo T400 - that machine never ever get as loud than 13A after first start :neutral:

But I like the consept a lot. And screen is very nice.

HardDriver

Can't believe I'm still waiting!

Can you give me an idea of the fan noise - what's it comparable to?

is it really that bad?

Persason

Fan is very loud. Fortuneately core temps are very low so, Sony could release a firmware update slowing the fan down and some say that Sony already has discussed this matter. For now put the fan on silent mode and that works fine, unfortuneately this downclocks the CPU too, but for a temproary fix it is alright.

HardDriver

is it a keeper?
Persason

Not sure what you mean by is it a keeper. The fan is on and off. When on silent mode however the fan completely turns off most of the time. On normal mode it blasts with 100% fan all the time. Just keep it on silent mode until Sony comes up with a fix.

Also yesterday my PC was updating, that might have been why ti was so loud. Today the fan noise is less, but it is still present on normal mode.

HardDriver

I mean - will you be keeping it or sending back?

Could you use it in 'normal mode' in a lecture?

Are you pleased with it?

Still waiting for mine