Join now - be part of our community!

New Multiflip

HardDriver

New Multiflip

Hi,

Got mine ordered on the 8th October - anyone got there's yet?

Can't wait....

HDD

73 REPLIES 73
Persason

Interesting Simon. I have heard something else from Sony support. That I should expect myn the 25th oct and I ordered myn the 10th aswell. Your information does seem more correct though, it seems highly unlikely that Sony has started production just yet, or we would have heard something.

Could Sony confirm whether production has begun or not and when we should expect our devices?

Persason

Good news is that I called sony today and they told me that the laptop wil go in production here on the 25th. Now They say that I should expect myn by the end of oct or start og nov.

HardDriver

Mmmm.

So they are still working to your original delivery date (31st Oct to 1st Nov).

If this is the case I am still in with a shout of getting mine this Wednesday! Yay!

I daren't call them just in case they say different 🙂

HardDriver

Bad news for me :cry:

Just heard from Sony after contacting them via email (as my delivery should be today at the latest), I've been told that My Multiflip is 'still' in Production and will be finished on the 30th Oct. (are they hand making every component?), delivery will then be a further 4-5 days!!!!!!!!!

Gutted...

Persason

Have you guys seen the price raise on these devices? They have gone quite a considerable amount up here in Denmark. It might mean that pre-order is over and production has begun. Still I am happy I already bought myn :grin:

HardDriver

At about 01:00 this morning I got an email saying mine was now in production.

Then shipment to Europe would be between 3rd & 8th November, then onto UK, then delivered adding another 3-5 days!!!

I guess it will be here before the New Year then :neutral:

Persason

I just got the same email at 06:00 this morning. However in my mail they say that I should expect to recieve the device between the 3rd and 8th of november. I am pretty sure that the same thing counts for you. :slight_smile:

Persason

Have you seen the review on these devices? They seem pretty mediocore. Reviewers complain over fan noise, lots of flex in the keyboard (like the vaio pro) and small battery size. This isn't good news. I personally believe that some chineese dealer will make bigger batteries for the device then we can replace them. The battery is luckily modular, so it can be taken out.

I am still excited though.

HardDriver

I don't really pay too much attention to these reviews.

Usually written by Apple Fan Boys :rolling_eyes:

Think it will be great!

Persason

Yea I think so too. Battery life is a bit of a bummer though 6 hours 40 minutes is decent, but better would have been nice :slight_smile: I guess we can replace the battery in the future.