Join now - be part of our community!

New Multiflip

HardDriver

New Multiflip

Hi,

Got mine ordered on the 8th October - anyone got there's yet?

Can't wait....

HDD

73 REPLIES 73
Persason

I called again new delivery date is now the 10th.... 😞 

I am still waiting, but I reeeally do need a PC :slight_smile:

HardDriver

Really?  that's a Sunday - so will probably be 11th.....

ridiculous eh?

:anguished:

HardDriver

Well, this is becoming a bit of a sore point now...

Got email during early hours this morning - my delivery date has now moved for the third time.

It's now 9th to 14th November!

I don't think it's down to demand as I think I was one of the first to order - either supply or a problem?

Persason

I got the same mail. It seems like we will recieve our devices at the same time. I was also one of the first people to order it.

I don't think that it is a suply problem they just started production late, like a few days ago. Our order was a preorder and the dates they gave us on their site must have been automatic dates that are given to all people who buy new vaio products, but since ours was a preorder it takes a bit longer.

This is however getting very annoying, I am without any laptop and really need one also Sony support don't know anything when I call them, they are pretty useless....

HardDriver

ALL CHANGE - AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I received my 4th (YES - FOURTH) delivery change!

My delivery date is now, wait for it, 16/11 to 21/11.  I am counting to 10 in an attempt to remain completely calm about the situation.

However Sony, I must remind you that you gladly took my money from me - where's my goods???!!!

I am now at day 30 from order placement...

My Account states that my order is being made in 'the factory' - I think 'rubbish', I could have built it myself by now.

Rant over - until the next email delay.

sitikkamies
Explorer

Hi, 

I've the same problem, I ordered a Vaio Flip 13a on the 14th october, and with the configuration I choosed, the estimated delivery date was between 29th and 30th of october.

The order was confirmed on 14th october. 5th november here it comes the second email stating that my expedition has been pushed back 14/11 (first email posted end of october stating delivery to 7th november).

Now today, only two days later, another mail stating that my expedition has been pushed back 21/11.

Not funny. My Lenovo notebook is so bad condition. Needed new notebook and I choose Multi-Flip model so I can get as soon as possible. When ordered I think its ok waiting two weeks somehow, but now it is very uncertain if I can get new laptop in a month. And machine is in production and been there a week or so. How this is posible?  My account has charged. I can't go to shop and buy another laptop now. I go a little trip 25/11 and need to get computer there.

This is my configuration: SVF13N1C5E

Intel® CoreTM i5-4200U 1,6 GHz
Windows 8
256 Gt:n SATA Flash SSD
8 Gt 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM
33,7 cm:n LED 1920x1080
digitalpen
Ethernet Wi-Fi- and VGA-adapter

grasmusb
Explorer

Same as you guys. I ordered mine on October 16 and as of today the delivery has been changed three times. My estimated delivery is now between November 24 and November 29. I also did not receive the 'special pre-order offer' I signed up so I was lucky to also get the 4 year extended warranty as I checked the site regularly. I'm also on an old laptop so it is very frustrating to wait this long for a new laptop.

My configuration:

Sony VAIO Fit Multiflip 15A

Intel® Core™ i7-4500U 1,8 GHz

16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM

256 GB SATA Flash SSD

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 735M 2 GB

39,5cm LED, 2880x1620

xea_xea
New

I also ordered the 13A from UK on 14 Oct and was supposed to get the delivery between 16 Oct to 30 Oct.

I didn't get any correspondence from Sony regarding the shipment update, so finally called Sony CS on 29 Oct to enquire about the shipment of my order. I was then informed by the agent that i should get it between
01 Nov to 06 Nov. it was frustrating, but i managed to remain calm.

Next morning i got an email from Sony stating:

"We expect your VAIO order to be shipped from the factory between 03.11.2013 and 08.11.2013 and onto our European logistics centre where it will be dispatched to you. Please note that this is an estimated shipping date to our warehouse and you will need to allow 2-3 days extra for shipping onto the UK. The order cannot be cancelled. We will send you an update should this estimated date change."

It was annoying to see the delivery dates stretched further by two days, but still remained calm as i waited for this product for last two months.

On 5 Nov, i received another email from Sony, stating:

"We now expect your VAIO to be shipped to you between 09.11.2013 and 14.11.2013. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

It really ******ed me off, and i contacted Sony CS again and the agent promised me that there will not be further delays and also i cannot cancel my order now and i can only return it once i have received it.

I felt quite annoyed, frustrated and sadly helpless at that stage. I came almost 99.99% closer to boycotting Sony products for ever, but my emotional attachment with the multi flip some how convinced me to not to go to extremes and again i managed to calm myself down and started to wait again.

But now this morning i received another email from Sony stating:

"We now expect your VAIO to be shipped to you between 16.11.2013 and 21.11.2013. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

WTH Sony? Why are you testing our limits?

Get your act together before its too late. You cannot hold onto our money without delivering goods. You should be thankful that early adopters like us have put faith in your product and have placed pre-orders with you, so that you are encouraged in this tough market and can show your investors a healthy pipeline. The Sony executives have to get their act together.

I will be fine if you just tell me that i will get my order in December, so i will just buy something else (trust me there are other options in the market) and then will either force you to cancel my order or just return it when i receive it. You cannot just keep me in this limbo state.

By the way i ordered following configuration:

Colour: Silver
Intel® CoreTM i7-4500U 1.8 GHz
Windows 8 Pro
256 GB SATA Flash SSD
8 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM
33.7 cm LED, 1920x1080
With digitizer stylus (pen)
No Ethernet Wi-Fi & VGA dongle

If anyone from Sony is monitoring this forum, then i would request you to pass messages from this forum to your management, so they can set the priorities right (always customer first, no false promises, satisfied customer, returning customer, turn customer into follower) and deliver our orders at the earliest or issue us refund with official apology. What an awful experience ....

I hope that will hear back from someone from Sony soon and they will have a resolve for my order.

HardDriver

Bet my XBOX ONE doesn't take this long...

:nauseated_face:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Good luck with that console :tongue:

(Just kidding - or am I?...:smileyclown:)