Join now - be part of our community!

Complaints dept tel no or email address

profile.country.en_GB.title
trlecke
Visitor

Complaints dept tel no or email address

Hi,

Can anyone help me get a number for complaints dept for Viao?  My laptops graphics card failed 4 weeks ago and have been trying to contact customer support through website and tel no during this time but they all request the serial no of the Laptop however during the last few years the sticker with serial no came off and as graphics card was not working couldn't get serial no from Bios.  So after a few weeks of trying different nos and getting the same result I used the serial no from my mothers Sony laptop, to get through to someone on the other end of the phone.  Finally last thursday got speaking to someone who insisted i had the laptop with me so I can turn it on for him even though I explained it didn't work he insisted I phone back when I had laptop with me.  So phoned on Monday and they were able to track down my order and then tell me the laptop was 12DAYS outside the warranty and that I would have to pay for the work to be done now they did offer 50% discount on the £400 they say it will cost but if they had a simpler way to access customer support I would have been inside the Warranty terms and it wouldn't have cost anything!!!!

I have been a loyal sony customer for the last 13 years and this is the first time I have had to contact customer support and I have to say i'm shocked by how difficult it is to obtain contact nos and then to actually get in contact with anyone!

So any help tel or email addresses for complaints dept would be much appreciated.

Steven

10 REPLIES 10
danhague
Visitor

Hi. Hope this helps but try to contact your reseller. They should have a record of you purchasing the laptop with the serial number. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

trlecke
Visitor

Hi, bought the laptop off sony website so when I finally got through to someone using the serial no off my mothers laptop gave them my details they were able to give me the serial no!  My problem is that in order to access the Sony support you need your serial no there is no way to contact anyone without one bit ironic once you actually get through they can tell you the serial no within 2mins.  What gets me is surely there should be an option 3 "if you do not have or cannot find your serial no press 3".  Had this been the case I could have saved myself weeks of  searching for contact details and wouldn't be outside of warranty period!

trlecke
Visitor

Hi, would recommend going to sony centre copying no off back of a new one which should then get you through to the not so expensive tel no if you bought form Sony online they should be able to give you your serial no once you provide them with your name.  Hope this helps!

vinrunac
Visitor

Hi Steven.  I am having EXACTLY the same problem.  The nvidia geforce 8400m GT graphics card failed yesterday, and the laptop model is in scope (apparently) for a repair (VGN-FZ38M), but the serial number sticker has long since peeled off the bottom, and so I can find NO WAY of contacting Sony Support to discuss the issue!  As you said, it seems ludicrous that there is no 'option 3' to cater for this on the phone number.  I am wondering if there is another way to find the serial number... so the BIOS seems to be the place?  Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi vinrunac,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does the information below help you locate your vaio's serial number.?

serial.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

trlecke wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone help me get a number for complaints dept for Viao?  My laptops graphics card failed 4 weeks ago and have been trying to contact customer support through website and tel no during this time but they all request the serial no of the Laptop however during the last few years the sticker with serial no came off and as graphics card was not working couldn't get serial no from Bios.  So after a few weeks of trying different nos and getting the same result I used the serial no from my mothers Sony laptop, to get through to someone on the other end of the phone.  Finally last thursday got speaking to someone who insisted i had the laptop with me so I can turn it on for him even though I explained it didn't work he insisted I phone back when I had laptop with me.  So phoned on Monday and they were able to track down my order and then tell me the laptop was 12DAYS outside the warranty and that I would have to pay for the work to be done now they did offer 50% discount on the £400 they say it will cost but if they had a simpler way to access customer support I would have been inside the Warranty terms and it wouldn't have cost anything!!!!

I have been a loyal sony customer for the last 13 years and this is the first time I have had to contact customer support and I have to say i'm shocked by how difficult it is to obtain contact nos and then to actually get in contact with anyone!

So any help tel or email addresses for complaints dept would be much appreciated.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Hopefully someone will be in contact with you soon..:smileywink:

trlecke
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for reply but this is the problem we have as shown above th serial no should be on a sticker on the bottom of Laptop but as its just a sticker and the bottom of the laptop can get quite hot this has came off, in both vinrunac and my situations we have failed graphics cards which means you get a black screen therefore you can't access the BIOS so your stuck.  Customer support are able to give you your serial no but the catch being you need to know your serial no before you can get throught to anyone at customer support!  This why I had suggested an option 3 for those who can't find their serial no.

Thanks Again

Steven

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Steven,

I had thought that would be the case for you so my reply was directed more towards vinrunac who mentioned looking in their Vaio BIOS, so I presumed that they were still able to use the vaio's screen..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi vinrunac,

I've been informed that you have been in contact with vaio support today, so I guess you now have your Vaio's serial number..:smileyhappy: