installation by restarting the computer

can anyone help me ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What country are you in?

Sony give a minimum of 12 months Warranty free.  This should cover you if the hard drive or motherboard fails.  You do not need to pay additional insurance.

Go Here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB

and enter your serial number to get contact details for Vaio Support.  They should be able to help you to get your Vaio working again.

:wink:

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What error message did you get on the BSOD?

Did you make a set of Recovery DVDs?

How did you try to 'reboot the whole system'?

What model Vaio do you have?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lalbpun
Visitor

the model is

vpcec20e

the BSOD said something about the DRIVER_IRQL then i cant rememberthe rest, bit it ended with _EQUAL

this following things might help to

stop : 0x70860002

and i also got one later it was 0x000000D1

iastor.sys-adress FFFFF880013175B3 base at FFFFF880012EA000, date stamp

then i tryed to reboot the system i read on the hadbooklet that came with the laptop

by pressing the assist button for a few seconds  then i went into Restore complete system

then when it started up it said windows is runing for the first tiem then the error came saying

that i had to restart to ...install windows ?

i have made a recover disc but it doesnt seem to work i chose the cd then it takes me to  ...system recovery opions  and it gives me some options but there r not helpful with me problem...

then i restart the computer and nothing has changed >?

thanks for reading my problem i hope you can help cuz  i cant do any work on this computer iam using :dizzy:

lalbpun
Visitor

the model is

vpcec20e

the BSOD said something about the DRIVER_IRQL then i cant rememberthe rest, bit it ended with _EQUAL

this following things might help to

stop : 0x70860002

and i also got one later it was 0x000000D1

iastor.sys-adress FFFFF880013175B3 base at FFFFF880012EA000, date stamp

then i tryed to reboot the system i read on the hadbooklet that came with the laptop

by pressing the assist button for a few seconds  then i went into Restore complete system

then when it started up it said windows is runing for the first tiem then the error came saying

that i had to restart to ...install windows ?

i have made a recover disc but it doesnt seem to work i chose the cd then it takes me to  ...system recovery opions  and it gives me some options but there r not helpful with me problem...

then i restart the computer and nothing has changed >?

thanks for reading my problem i hope you can help cuz  i cant do any work on this computer iam using

lalbpun
Visitor

plese help :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi lalbpun,

iastor.sys is the SATA Hard Drive Controller so I am beginning to think this may be a hard drive fault.

Your model type is not valid - do you have a VPCEC2S0E?  If so it is probably still within warranty and you should contact Vaio Support and tell them you have tried to recover the system and now you do not have an Operating System.  Tell them the Recovery Discs do not work.  They will probably change the hard drive and also check the motherboard while they have it in the workshops.

lalbpun
Visitor

thank you .but i bought this laptop abou 6 months ago and i stped paying the insurense will they still help me ?

lalbpun
Visitor

or is there any way you know to fix the driver ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What country are you in?

Sony give a minimum of 12 months Warranty free.  This should cover you if the hard drive or motherboard fails.  You do not need to pay additional insurance.

Go Here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB

and enter your serial number to get contact details for Vaio Support.  They should be able to help you to get your Vaio working again.

lalbpun
Visitor

thank you ........:smileyhappy: