Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCEB4X0E ethernet controller drivers for XP please

profile.country.en_GB.title
swisstonihasher
Visitor

Vaio VPCEB4X0E ethernet controller drivers for XP please

Hi all,

I have to run XP on this new Sony laptop due to important software not working with Win 7 (yet). I need ethernet drivers so I can get the Sony download drivers for xp to work...do you know where I can get them from?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried downloading the "XP Downgrade Installer 4.0" for your model on another PC and burn it to disc?  If you then run it on your Vaio with XP installed, I assume it will install all the required drivers.  You can download it from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB4X0E_BQ&os=6

If that doesn't work you will need to find a Marvell Ethernet driver for 32-bit XP. Try Ethernet Driver (Marvell) 10F - 10.51.1.3 - it's only 343KB but I can't attach files here.  If you can't find it available for download, send me a PM with your email address and I will send a copy.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
swisstonihasher
Visitor

Thanks for the response. I've already tried the Marvel 32 bit ethernet drivers and they don't apply. I've even tried the advanced manual install and it wouldn't take the driver - I wonder if that's because it's for Windows 7?

I've also added the wireless 32 bit driver which did take but I still cannot browse the internet which then prevents the download software from running....any further ideas?