Join now - be part of our community!

Volume difference when watching DVD's

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
spexman
Visitor

Volume difference when watching DVD's

Can anyone explain how to overcome the 50% difference in volume between Digital TV and DVD's

My gear is less than a month old and is:- KDL-32EX603 & BDP-S370

Cheers,

Martin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

go into options, press sound and scroll down to volume offset, press enter then whatever device is connected change up each component till you are happy with sound from each.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wetsleet
Visitor

burried somewhere in the config in  my 40EX403 is a setting to offset the volume of a given input. I have never used it, but I guess it would be useful to solve a problem such as yours. thinkkit wa burried in the system/sound menu, but not sure.

spexman
Visitor

Thanks i'll have another look, I think iv'e tried eveything in system/sounds settings and don't remember anything about offseting input volumes. 

the4thviewer
Visitor

Could you tell me where this setting is, as I've looked hard and can't find it?

I've had my 40EX403 for about a month and the main problem I've had up to now has been the various volume levels from HDMI inputs.  Where my PS3 needs a level of 20-25, SkyHD is closer to 45-50.  I've looked within those systems to see if the level can be adjusted from the other end with a similar lack of result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: the4thviewer

Message was edited by: the4thviewer

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello the4thviewer

Here is the link to how adjust the volume offset

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/imanual/menus.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-40EX403&s=SM02

Bravia55HX

Hi,

go into options, press sound and scroll down to volume offset, press enter then whatever device is connected change up each component till you are happy with sound from each.

the4thviewer
Visitor

Thank you very much to both of you, thats cracked it.  I knew it had to be somewhere but there I was thinking it would be in the setting menu :laughing:

You live and learn.

Thanks again

Bravia55HX

live and learn.............

we all doing plenty of that!!!:smileywink: