Join now - be part of our community!

How to stop bravia cycling stations?

profile.country.da_DK.title
bryanrasmussen
Visitor

How to stop bravia cycling stations?

Hi,

I have a bravia that I basically use as a PC display. I play movies from the dvd player on my computer, I browse the internet etc.

I don't even have it connected to an antenna, so I basically can't see any TV stations. I don't even use the remote. because I do everything from the comptuer.

A couple days ago we were watching a dvd and all of a sudden it switched to the digital TV display and started cycling stations - as if it were registering what stations were accessible.

It cycled them all through and started again from the beginning.

If I turned it off and started back up in TV view it started cycling them again after about 3 minutes. Same if I switched to PC view.

It does not work to hit the home button in the midst of this cycling as it just flickers, as soon as I let go of the home button it goes back to the cycling.

As a result of which I have not been able to do anything with the tv for the last couple days.

I suppose what probably started this process would be a neighbor with a new tv decided to register stations, and their remote set us off to. Then maybe because it is not connected to an antenna it can't finish cycling?

At any rate - how do I stop it, because currently what I have is the most expensive paperweight I've ever owned.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Welcom to you at Sony Forums

You did not mentioned which Bravia model you have ? :cool: but it does not matter

i guess one or more buttons of your remote control is stuck (CH+ , CH-)

if this is not the reason, you have to force factory reset to your TV (default setting came out from the box), this can be done by press the UP buttom on remote control about 10 seconds and hold it while pressing the power button on TV panel (this depend on which TV model you have)