Join now - be part of our community!

Can't use 3D on KDL-40NX713

profile.country.en_GB.title
jpmardi69
Visitor

Can't use 3D on KDL-40NX713

Hello hope someone can help.I own a KDL-40NX713 and have had trouble to view a 3D film.I have purhcased a BDP-S470 3D Blu-ray player and own 2 PS3 consoles,1 a U.S.A model and 1 U.K model for different Blu-ray region playback.I have also purchased 2 TMR-BR100 as I was not sure the fault lies with the receiver but both seem to work.I have a pair of TDG-BR100 Active glasses as well.I visited a Sony Centre and had the glasses tested and they work.

I have purcahsed a 1.4 hdmi cable and tried via a Pioneer VSX-520 3D ready receiver and direct to the H.D.M.I 1 port on the KDL-40NX713 and still no luck.

I have tried in both side by side and over and under and it changes modes but doesn't show correctly.

I have run out of ideas and hope someone could shed some light on the problem.I have the latest firmware on both the KDL-40NX713 and BDP-S470.

Message was edited by: jpmardi69

Message was edited by: jpmardi69

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

jpmardi69,

how very odd!, in general its supposed to be simple once the 3D film is in the player it just plays, the only thing i can think of, as you did not mention it but its too obviouse, are the glasses fully charged and turned on?, theres no real reason for any of this not to be working, fault aside.

jpmardi69
Visitor

Hi Bravia55HX923 thanks for the quick reponse.I forgot to mention that I downloaded a MKV sample file of Rio 3D and watched it through my other 3D player a Samsung C6900 which did work on Side by Side, so I think the T.V is fine.But I find it very odd that the only 3D blu-ray film I have is Final Destination 3D doesn't work.

Do you know if all the H.D.M.I ports on the T.V are 1.4 or just a particular one.I have only used the 1st H.D.M.I port to try this.I looked in the manual but it is not mentioned or I have missed the part.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,

John.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

check out the link below regards to HDMI standards, i have a 1.4 cable because it was the latest one out, do not overly concern yourself with the cable but i was a little concerned you chose to "test" your 3D capability on an MKV file, its not the best starting point!, can you get hold of another 3D movie to test?, i rather enjoyed resident evil afterlife or you could try drive angry or anything you fancy.

try again and report back,

regards.

http://www.hdmi.org/consumer/buying_guide.aspx

regards the HDMI port, with a player connected use HDMI 1

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

jpmardi69
Visitor

Hi Bravia55HX923 just wanted to update you on the 3D situation.It is now fully working as the 3D film I was using is not a 3D film just a film converted to use the paper glasses and not the Active glasses.

Just wanted you to inform you and all the rest of the Sony family that the film is 'The Final Destination 3D' and not to use this.

Thanks for taking the time to help and really appriciate your assistance.

Regards,

John.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

im glad you sorted that out, i should have twigged that final destination was not proper 3D, its an old movie by any standards and i did read about it somewhere so i should have known and told you about that, i was so wrapped up trying to point out that MKV  file it slipped my mind!,

perhaps now you can enjoy your 3D experience

regards.