Join now - be part of our community!

controlling the ps3 with bravia remote

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
strewth78
Visitor

controlling the ps3 with bravia remote

i have the ex720 bravia set with a rm-ed044 remote.  I have set up the tv to have control of the ps3 via HDMI using the tv remote.  It works, however there doesnt seem to be a 'select' button equivalent.

where can i find out what button does what?  Or perhaps is there a way to add functions to the remote?  Or is there an updatw needed perhaps.  It seems such a shame that can use the tv remote for everything, but as soon as i need to press 'select' i need to turn on the ps3 controller to do so.

im not expecting any positive response, but im so happy i could control the ps3 with my tv remote, im just checking there isnt something i hadnt thought of.

... for a second question, is it possible to set a bravia tv t NOT remember which input was last being used when it was switched off?  Id love the TV to always default back to 'TV' mode rather than HDMI1 - girlfriend gets confused how to switch back to TV mode :wink:

Any kind remarks welcome

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

You did not mentioned the full model number but it is not an issue

To find what button do what? read the i-manual http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/tv/lcd/lcd.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-40EX720

To make the TV always switched ON to TV Channel rather than HDMI, simply press any number 1,2,...9 on your remote back from switched OFF state

Regards 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

You did not mentioned the full model number but it is not an issue

To find what button do what? read the i-manual http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/tv/lcd/lcd.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-40EX720

To make the TV always switched ON to TV Channel rather than HDMI, simply press any number 1,2,...9 on your remote back from switched OFF state

Regards 

profile.country.nl_NL.title
strewth78
Visitor

thanks for the tip with using the numbers to quickly revert backto TV mode... obvious in hind-sight

as for the i-manual... this does not list what buttons operate the ps3 on my tv remote.