Join now - be part of our community!

mp3 tag and album coverart

profile.country.it_IT.title
caiunazz
Visitor

mp3 tag and album coverart

hi there

i just bought a KDL-24ex320 and i found that mp3files tags can be recognised by the tv, neither through DLNA nor through an USB connected HDD

neither album coverart are available.

besides all files are displayed all together instead of being divided in foldesr like they are on HDD

does anyone knows what's the reason why the tv behaves this way?

thank you

c.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello,

I think you mean that TV cannot recognize the m3u file (album), is that your question?

Because the TV designed simply to play mp3 files , display its name and tag content

TV is not as PC has windows operating system and windows media player to display advanced more feature

But in the tv menu,  you have an option to play ALL TRACKS inside a single folder ... its gives you same results as m3u file

I hope this help

profile.country.it_IT.title
caiunazz
Visitor

thank you very much for your answer but i think i didn't explain what's my problem

i have an hdd with many music album, each inside a different folder. in every folder there are the files in mp3, and each mp3 has tagged a lot of info: artist, year, album, cover art  etc.

when i connect the hdd to the tv, the player displays all the mp3 files of all the albums altogether without organizing them by album.

besides when i look at the info of any mp3 the player only recognizes the title of the mp3 and for all other fields it says "unknown" or "-".

i wonder if is there a way to make the tv read all the tags stored in the mp3 files

thank you very much

profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

You are welcome

I got your point and its is clear now, thanks

If you connect PC HDD to tv using DLNA:

The TV display the folders, albums and artists...etc. depends on which software you are using to share DLNA, there are many softwares such as windows media player 11, 12, Townky, Serviio

I use Serviio because it is recommended by Sony , and it sort out all mp3 tag content

If you conect your Portable HDD direct to tv using USB:

mp3 file play normal show the title and artist, to see the full tag information i have to press OPTION button on remote control then explore the file information ( check if you model remote have the same key !)

If you have NAS HDD drive connected to home network using ethernet cable it will be a different issue, so i don't know type of your connection

In General,  mp3 file use two kind of tags  ID2 / ID 3

if you cannot see the tags correctly after consider the above points, then try to use any software to edit the tag (many are there google it)

There is nothing wrong in you Sony TV , it is just a matter of setting

Kindly let us know the results

have a great day