Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

jojawha
Explorer

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with choosing a Sound Field when using Google Cast. Player won't let me choose any mode other than A.F.D (if you click on any other mode it says NOT.USE on the receiver's display). There is no output to my Subwoofer either (this is only in Google Cast mode). With any other music source the receiver outputs low frequencies to my Subwoofer in A.F.D.

This has only been happening ever since the recent firmware update on 14.09.2016 (M29.R.0422)

104 REPLIES 104
profile.country.GB.title
thenumptee
Explorer

I know what you mean. When I said small thing,  I meant from a technical point of view.

Anyway, I've sent the email so we'll see if they respond and I'll post the response here if they do.

profile.country.GB.title
thenumptee
Explorer

So I've had a reply already but it's not of any real help:

Thank you contacting Sony support.

With reference to your inquiry, we are sorry to learn that you're unable to use the Subwoofer on the built-in Chromecast.

We are currently investigating this matter further and we will update you as soon as possible.

I guess if enough people contact them then maybe they'll take it seriously and get a fix rolled out. 

profile.country.GB.title
thenumptee
Explorer

I've received another email from customer service and I'm stunned:

With reference to your inquiry, we are very sorry to inform you that the subwoofer is not supported on the built-in Chromecast on this  model.

We apologies for any inconvenience.

I don't actually have any words at the moment. 😠

profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

Yup, pack of useless pricks.
profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Beggars belief doesn't it? 

"your receiver doesn't support this feature". 

It bloody did when I bought it sunshine,  and I'm not sure you can call it a feature...it's more of a basic function.