Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

jojawha
Explorer

STR DN1060 AV Receiver - Google Cast Sound Field Issues

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with choosing a Sound Field when using Google Cast. Player won't let me choose any mode other than A.F.D (if you click on any other mode it says NOT.USE on the receiver's display). There is no output to my Subwoofer either (this is only in Google Cast mode). With any other music source the receiver outputs low frequencies to my Subwoofer in A.F.D.

This has only been happening ever since the recent firmware update on 14.09.2016 (M29.R.0422)

104 REPLIES 104
profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

I think they are probably done with this amp, they can't even seem to spare the work experience kid to continue to make pretend firmware releases like the last one that does absolutely nothing. Would be nice if they at least let us roll back the firmware to the release before they broke Cast support.

I bought this amp based on good reviews at the time, I haven't really had any Sony stuff in the last 10 years, I didn't realise their engineering department had become so incompetent and their customer support had so much contempt for their customers. I'll definitely be avoiding them in the future after all of this.

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

I'm the opposite,  my TV, amp, blu ray player, tablet and phone are Sony, always have been,  not out of loyalty but whenever I'm ready to buy they always ticked the boxes of what I want. This last year has been ridiculous though,  a software update broke my TV and had to wait for a repair update,  a software update broke my phone and had to completely wipe and reinstall 3 times before it worked properly,  I have an update sat on my phone waiting to be installed but I flat out refuse to do it. Then there's this utterly ridiculous and completely avoidable shower of crap, I love this amp but to remove a feature for zero reason is madness,  they know they messed up they just don't really care. That and that alone is why all my future electronics will be anything but Sony and I hate saying that but if you don't care about your loyal customers then see you later chaps. 

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Has anyone had chance to try the new software update?  Has it solved the chromecast issue?  I'm really reticent to try it without a few thumbs up from here. 

profile.country.EE.title
Searching81
Explorer

The changelog I saw when I looked it up indicated it was only a Spotify fix. I wouldn't expect anything else. Sony still seem to think they've already fixed it, despite all the feedback telling them they haven't. Useless bunch of clowns.

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

I was kind of hoping they snuck a repair in there,  so it's fixed without admitting fault. Nevermind.

profile.country.GB.title
DFender666
Explorer

Is this even possible, same ***** with the STR-1080!!!

Happy to return that one....

profile.country.GB.title
thenumptee
Explorer

Like other people, I'm having the same issue.

I cannot believe that this isn't going to get fixed.

Has anyone heard anything since the last post in August?

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

Nope, the latest update did nothing,  multi channel is still only to the surround channels, still no signal to the sub. Beyond ridiculous. 

profile.country.GB.title
thenumptee
Explorer

Cheers.

It's such a small thing but so annoying.

I'll trying contacting Sony direct.  Not sure I'll get anywhere but gotta be worth a try.

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

I wish it was a small thing,  it's massively annoying for me,  I used to use it every day for music,  the thing is its so ridiculous I honestly think the people at Sony think we must be doing something wrong. 

If you get any reply from them can you post on here please?  I'd be interested in what they have to say.