Join now - be part of our community!

CMT-BX77DBi problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Kp22051
New

CMT-BX77DBi problem

Hi All

I have a CMT-BX77DBi …. Definitely not new, but little used… DAB Radio works fine, but when I try to play a CD it reads the disk but when I press PLAY it starts but after around 30/40 seconds the whole thing just powers off. If I switch off the mains plug and then on again it works but does the same thing ? 

Any ideas ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Kp22051
New

Very happy to report that this issue is now sorted... after a lot of searching I managed to find the .pdf of the Operating Instructions and using those have done a Factory Reset... now all working properly again !!

Thanks for taking the time to try and help Hannah

Keith

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Kp22051, I couldn't find this model on Sony website, it's a 2010 model as per my search, still couldn't find anything useful to help you with, so if it's the correct model, I guess send it to the Sony engineers to inspect it. 

Of course after trying the basics, a power cycles, testing with different CDs, etc. 

profile.country.GB.title
Kp22051
New

Hi Hannah

Thanks very much for trying to help... I just looked at the unit again, I had taken the Model Number off the front ... when I look at the back it shows...

Back Plate

Kp22051_0-1710414186469.png  

Front of Unit

Kp22051_1-1710414311248.png

I can find reference to this when I do a Google search ... but nothing that helps with the issue I have.

Thanks again for trying

Keith

profile.country.GB.title
Kp22051
New

Kp22051_0-1710416823871.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
Kp22051
New

Very happy to report that this issue is now sorted... after a lot of searching I managed to find the .pdf of the Operating Instructions and using those have done a Factory Reset... now all working properly again !!

Thanks for taking the time to try and help Hannah

Keith