Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support for Cameras in General and Alpha in Particular

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Tim001WP
New

Sony Support for Cameras in General and Alpha in Particular

I have purchased two Alpha Cameras and a rnge of G Master lens from Calumet in Manchester.  The cameras and lenses are superb.

Updating Firmware December 22  was not possible because Sony did not support High Sierra.

Application for Cahback for the items I can claim, limited to 3 (didn't know at the time and wasn't told) , was attempted last night. The invoice was on the claim because the file name appeared but upon Submission it came abck and told me it wasn't recognised.  Did it again..  eventually acknowledged registration for cashback with a pink flag underneath saying. "Unfortunately there has been a problem with your product registration. Please login to your accountto try again.Success and failure on the same page.

Registering a Sony account with products, asks me to put in the same info as I have just done, no copy over, no efficiency.  The registered dealers are different for cashback versus product registration. What a mess.

Contact with Camera Technical this morning after ringing the number on the 'Cashback Page', they have been experiencing problems for a WEEK, I think that may be a compression of the truth. I was offered the chance to fill in a questionnaire, I'm sure that will solve things.

I'm so happy with the kit, how come everytime I use the Support side of Sony it is so poor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Tim001WP and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

You'll see from other threads here that members have had some

recent problems with the cashback system but most have been sorted.

If you give Sony Support a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810

they will be able to help.

cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Tim001WP and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

You'll see from other threads here that members have had some

recent problems with the cashback system but most have been sorted.

If you give Sony Support a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810

they will be able to help.

cheers