Join now - be part of our community!

NPFV70.CE Battery for FDR-AX53

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

NPFV70.CE Battery for FDR-AX53

Hi,

A query, can anyone answer why the replacement/spare battery packs for the AX53 are not identical to the one supplied with the camera ? There are a lot of elaborate fakes out there which is why I am assuming the one supplied with the camera has a hologram on the front of it. No matter how hard I search for spare batteries none of them have the hologram, and this includes the Sony website.

Has anyone purchased a spare and does it charge to the same capacity as the original over the same charging period ?

Regards  

If it ain't broke don't fix it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

I think I have solved this one myself :thumbsup:

I have just received a spare battery from Sony Centres website, although the image on the website differs the actual battery is the same - hologram and all

I have had a suspected fake from an Amazon Marketplace seller which is why I started this post. That battery was a very good copy but lacked the hologram. The charge time was longer and it could never reach full capacity which is how I found out - please be aware

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

I think I have solved this one myself :thumbsup:

I have just received a spare battery from Sony Centres website, although the image on the website differs the actual battery is the same - hologram and all

I have had a suspected fake from an Amazon Marketplace seller which is why I started this post. That battery was a very good copy but lacked the hologram. The charge time was longer and it could never reach full capacity which is how I found out - please be aware

Regards