Join now - be part of our community!

Looking For Advice

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Winstan27
Visitor

Looking For Advice

Hi,

I am looking to buy a camcorder. my budget is between £200-300. as there a so many on the market I need help choosing the correct one. I have been drawn to the Sony range as a lot of the filming I will be doing will be in low light and have been advised that Sony is the best for this. My problem comes is that I will be shooting show jumping in reasonable sized arena's. this causes the problem of zoom and focusing (I have had the same issues with my still camera). It does not need a built in memory as long as it accepts SDHC cards and a USB connection would be advantageous for charging.

Please if anybody can direct me to the most suitable camcorder I would be much obliged.

Thanks

Iain

Message was edited by: Winstan27

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Iain, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The Sony Handycams in your price range are described in detail here.

The CX210E would be fine for your purposes, but I notice Sony are offering £40 cashback on the PJ200E which brings it within your budget :cool:

Both cameras are great in low light, will track-focus moving subjects and have built-in USB and 25x optical zoom, but the PJ200E is a little more versatile, having a couple more focussing tricks up its sleeve and generally slightly higher spec.

That would be my choice!

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Iain, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The Sony Handycams in your price range are described in detail here.

The CX210E would be fine for your purposes, but I notice Sony are offering £40 cashback on the PJ200E which brings it within your budget :cool:

Both cameras are great in low light, will track-focus moving subjects and have built-in USB and 25x optical zoom, but the PJ200E is a little more versatile, having a couple more focussing tricks up its sleeve and generally slightly higher spec.

That would be my choice!

Cheers

Mick

envigodigital
Explorer

Looking for best and budget camera for film shooting. which also has bluetooth or remote shutter feature.