Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-SR7 LENS STABILIZATION MALFUNCTION

profile.country.es_ES.title
pedroflb
Visitor

HDR-SR7 LENS STABILIZATION MALFUNCTION

I bought an HDR-SR7E in July 2007, and one year ago after 30 minutes of using it, the lens started to make a small vibration (it can be felt if you touch the lens ring) and the image moves very fast up and down as a lens stabilization malfunction. Does anyone suffer this also? I tried to reset the camera but the Reset button is a soft reset, and turning on/off the lens stabilization does not change anything. Does anyone knows the way to make a hard reset of the camera?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Have you fixed the problem?

A1batross
New

I was badly bitten by this problem the other day. A dozen video clips into a set of two dozen this vibration problem began, and ruined a day's shooting.

viktora79
New

pedroflb написано:

Does anyone knows the way to make a hard reset of the camera?

Thank you

There are no possibility make hard reset on this camera. I have same problem on camera hdr-sr7e 2007 year. If you turn off "steadyshot" it can help for some time. Only service center can help you.

profile.country.GB.title
nevillestyke

I've seen this on a quite few Sony HD camcorders (several different models, all expensive). They work alright for a short while but then warm-up and vibrate and render a useless picture. It doesn't happen with other makes than Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
nevillestyke

I just got a camera tech to fix this problem on my HDR-HC7E. He fixed it, for free, as he said it wasn't anything major and no spares were needed.