Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55S8005C - 3D depth adjustment issue

SOLVED
seklas
Explorer

KD-55S8005C - 3D depth adjustment issue

Did anyone of you encountered the issue, when you play the 3D film (side by side or over by under), but it starts with large gaps on the sides (both left and right)? When I go to "action menu" and click on 3D, then choose "3D depth adjustment" it's always on 0, but when I move it to 1 and back to 0 again, visuals fixes themselves and there are no gaps anymore, 3D quality becomes much better and easier visible when using 3D glasses. Unfortunately about every 5 minutes, the TV does the same thing again and those black side fillers appears on the screen, maximasing the depth of every scene, then I have to go back to settings and change "3D depth adjustment" from 0 to 1 and back to 0 every time. I cannot relax watching those 3D films. Does any one of you know how to fix it if that's possible or is that a bug, which should be fixed with the next firmware update in March?

Thank You

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
seklas
Explorer

Fortunately the problem wasn't cause by a bug, but simply because of the settings.I have discovered, that 'Picture reset mode' was activated at 'Retail Mode' tab which actually caused the video changing its aspect ratio during the 3D film. When I have turned it off, I was able to watch each film without any problems.

I have already informed Sony about this, it might help someone else in the future as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At current, ive not heard of the problem that you are describing, but people are awaiting a firmware update to fix a certain issue for 3D - due out in Feb 2016.  You can either wait for this fw update to see if it fixes the problem, or contact Sony Suppor and report the issue.  I would probably contact Sony support just to see what they say and to get the ball rolling as they say.

Cheers

seklas
Explorer

Fortunately the problem wasn't cause by a bug, but simply because of the settings.I have discovered, that 'Picture reset mode' was activated at 'Retail Mode' tab which actually caused the video changing its aspect ratio during the 3D film. When I have turned it off, I was able to watch each film without any problems.

I have already informed Sony about this, it might help someone else in the future as well.