Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8505C looses channels/signal from antenna

cervera
Explorer

KD-55X8505C looses channels/signal from antenna

Hi There,

Just bought a brand new KD-55X8505C and did successfull automatic search and installation of all the digital channels.

BUT unfortunately very often when turning on the TV, I cannot see any channels (approx every second time..) - The display says (tranlated from Danish) "No signal - check the antenna connection". 

And i know for sure, that my signal is 100% perfect. I'm then forced to reboot the TV and then it shows all channels fine. 

This is really annoying and certainly not acceptable !

feedback anyone ??

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Cervera wrote:

Hi There,

Just bought a brand new KD-55X8505C and did successfull automatic search and installation of all the digital channels.

BUT unfortunately very often when turning on the TV, I cannot see any channels (approx every second time..) - The display says (tranlated from Danish) "No signal - check the antenna connection". 

And i know for sure, that my signal is 100% perfect. I'm then forced to reboot the TV and then it shows all channels fine. 

This is really annoying and certainly not acceptable !

feedback anyone ??

This is not a known common problem, and on a brand new set, may indicate it was faulty as delivered.

but before returning it, it is worth:-

(i) Ensuring it is up to date by going Home/Settings/About and seeing if you can do a manual Software Update.

and if not, then

(ii) holding down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds, and letting the box soft reboot.

if neither of these things fixes it, I would ask your supplier to replace the set as faulty.

Please let us know the outcome!

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking