Join now - be part of our community!

slt-a37 help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
andymma1
New

slt-a37 help

I have had my a37 for about 2months and finding it a great camera.

but just recently been having memory card/or camera problems,I have an --E-sign flashing what does this mean I have also been struggling with the memory card (hama sd) in with regards to data base being full i have factory reset this a37 many times installed the new firm wear and now just turned it on we have an error message on screen with ----- that flashing where the "'E" SIGN was.

it seems to be finding something new out each time i turn it on,

I did seem to get somewhere with it took a couple of pictures with it!! looked on the memory and the images were there tried to see if they were in iphoto and yes mac didnt pick it up and then it just seemed to revert back to the same proplem.

these things are hard to describe on web but i will be gratefull for any responce cheers all the best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello andymma1 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As opposed to updating the firmware and resetting to factory settings, have you reformatted the memory card in the camera or tried to use another SD card to see if this helps at all? For the a37, you can format the SD card by following the instructions on page 163 of the manual which can be found here:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4420745111.pdf

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello andymma1 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As opposed to updating the firmware and resetting to factory settings, have you reformatted the memory card in the camera or tried to use another SD card to see if this helps at all? For the a37, you can format the SD card by following the instructions on page 163 of the manual which can be found here:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4420745111.pdf

Thanks,

Simon

andymma1
New

Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply as to helping me sort out the problem,think i kinda got worried so to speak as you dont think of problems like that when something is so new.

Yes it was the memory card which was at fault i did not think that was possible with that sort of thing and the guys at the local shop exchanged it as with it being so new,however they did point out to me that there are better quality memory cards out there if,so if your doing something important so to speak it might be worth an upgrade.

many thanks

andy

ps as to the ---e-- icon which came on to the screen it doesnt seem to mention that in the instruction booklet or pdf lol cheers