Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories folder names

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sfisuk
Visitor

PlayMemories folder names

Hi,

I went looking for a particular photo to upload it to Flickr, and I discovered that the folder names created by PlayMemories on the PC, one per day, are named in the format dd-mm-yyyy. This is not too smart becuse the folders are not automatically sorted by date. Rather, you have the folder for the 1st Jan, then the folder for 1st Feb, then 1st Mar, then 2nd Jan, 2nd Feb etc etc.

Is there a config option that I haven't found yet that tells the software to use smart foldernames?

Thanks,

Ian

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ipssonyuk - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I think that the best way around this would be to use the settings menu to specify which folder you would like the images to be imported into. Before each import of photos, you can specify something like 'Feb 2013' to be the file name and then put them all into this folder in one large batch. The folders would be bigger, but you would have some kind of workable chronological order to them.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ipssonyuk - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I think that the best way around this would be to use the settings menu to specify which folder you would like the images to be imported into. Before each import of photos, you can specify something like 'Feb 2013' to be the file name and then put them all into this folder in one large batch. The folders would be bigger, but you would have some kind of workable chronological order to them.

Thanks,

Simon

You can change format of you system time to yyyy-mm-dd

profile.country.GB.title
PaulH2021
Explorer

If you do that you mess up all sorts of other programs and apps on your computer (guess how I know this ...).

I agree the default folder naming is not satisfactory and a user-defined setting is required.